A Ville de Montral Website
Bedbugs can be found in all types of homesfrom luxurious or modest ones to clean and unsanitary ones. You shouldnt be ashamed. What's important is to act quickly in order to get rid of them.
Tenants must not try to resolve the problem themselves. They must immediately notify the owner (the superintendant or manager) of the building where they are living, as soon as they notice bedbugs in their home.
Once notified by a tenant, the building owner must call upon a qualified exterminator to detect the presence of bedbugs.
Tenants must get ready for the exterminator's visit by de-cluttering all the rooms of their home in order to make it easier for the exterminator to carry out his work and thereby limit the bedbugs' hiding places.
Avoid unpleasant surprises when coming back from a trip!
Bedbugs are insects that are visible to the naked eye. They are the size of an apple seed, have no wings and can be identified by their brown colour. They are generally found along the seams of mattresses, where they leave their droppings (excrement) and brownish stains. Bedbugs are active mainly at night and feed on human blood.
Bedbug bites cause itchiness that can result in insomnia, fatigue and anxiety. People battling bedbugs may feel ashamed and isolate themselves from others.
Yes. Bedbugs measure 3-7 mm and are the size and shape of an apple seed. They are reddish brown in colour. You can see them under the sheets of your bed as well as along the seams and edges of mattresses.
Itchiness and insect bites on your skin, as well as black stains on mattress seams and blood on sheets and pillow cases, may be signs that there are bedbugs in your bed. Bedbug bites look like mosquito bites. They cause itchiness that can disrupt sleep. In general, three to four bites will be found on the skin in a straight line or grouped together in the same spot. The exposed parts of arms, legs and the back are the most likely places to get bitten.
First, try and detect their presence. By lifting up sheets at night, you will be able to see little insects the size of an apple seed. You can also see traces of excrement and blood on the edges and seams of mattresses. If these detection efforts prove positive, act quickly, because the problem can rapidly get worse.
If you are a tenant in a residential building, you must report the presence of bedbugs as fast as possible to the building owner or manager of the building. The building owner must call upon an exterminator to check for the presence of these insect pests and destroy them.
Tenants must notify their building owner by registered mail, giving notification of the presence of bedbugs and demanding that the building owner take the necessary remedial action within 10 working days. This notice must mention that if the building owner fails to take the appropriate steps, a copy of the letter will be sent to the Division des permis et des inspections of the borough concerned.
To notify the Division des permis et des inspections in their borough, tenants must phone 311. According to the current procedure, they must then fax a copy of the letter or bring it to the point of service in their borough.
Let's Fight Bedbugs
Home | Let's fight bedbugs
- 'Canada's Top Bed Bug Cities' Have Been Revealed & Montreal Isn't Even Top 10 - mtlblog.com - July 20th, 2021
- This Map Shows You The Exact Location Of All Of The Bed Bug Infestations In Montreal - MTL Blog - July 20th, 2021
- Montreal Issues Warning For Bed Bug Infestation - MTL Blog - July 20th, 2021
- This Montreal Apartment Complex Is So Infested With Cockroaches And Rats That The Public Health Department Had To Step In - MTL Blog - July 20th, 2021
- As tenants suffer in Pandemic, the Quebec government must take action to control rent - The Suburban Newspaper - November 28th, 2020
- The cause and treatment for bedbugs | CAA-Quebec Residential - July 21st, 2020
- 7 types of bug bites Canadians can expect this summer ... - July 21st, 2020
- Exterminating bed bugs | Gouvernement du Qubec - Quebec - May 18th, 2020
- The Cost Of Taking Groceries For Granted: Canadas Food Labour Bill Is Coming Due - Chatelaine - May 4th, 2020
- 'Papa, are we going to leave?' So many families facing eviction in Parc-Extension - Montreal Gazette - February 21st, 2020
- Inuit say airport hotel is inhospitable, unsuitable for housing the sick - CTV News - January 10th, 2020
- Advenir at Cherry Creek South - 14 Photos & 10 Reviews ... - May 17th, 2019
- Home - Regionex Extermination Inc - April 29th, 2019
- Allergo-Medik, Canadian manufacturer of Medical-grade Anti ... - April 8th, 2019
- ELI5 What keeps bed bugs in check? Why haven't they taken ... - March 30th, 2019
- Fort Worth TX Bed bug Hotel and Apartment Reports - March 6th, 2019
- What Do Bed Bugs Look Like (53 PICTURES OF BED BUGS) - January 12th, 2019
- Bed Bugs? - Review of Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile ... - November 24th, 2018
- How to kill bed bugs using steam (FAQs) - Bedbugger.com - August 14th, 2018
- Quebec City Bed Bug Issues: Bed Bugs in Quebec City, QC - July 27th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs: Learn About DIY Treatments - June 25th, 2018
- What we need to know about bed bugs | ccpsc.qc.ca - November 29th, 2017
- Bed bugs that proliferate - The Sherbrooke Times - August 11th, 2017
- Not allowed on the grass, not in the fields - The Sherbrooke Times - August 8th, 2017
- Bed Bug Facts: Where Do Bed Bugs Come From? - Orkin Canada - June 5th, 2017
- The latest news from Britain and around the world - Manchester Evening News - February 6th, 2017
- How Do You Get Rid of Bed Bugs for Good? Home Remedies and ... - December 27th, 2016
- Walmart Bed Bugs Report Prompts Company To Trash Scooters ... - December 8th, 2016
- Bed bugs and Canadian Law Bed Bug SOS - July 22nd, 2016
- Fighting Bed Bugs in Qubec - February 28th, 2015
- Can you get sued for leaving a bad review on Trip Advisor or Yelp? (+video) - November 20th, 2014
- TripAdvisor: a history of complaints - November 19th, 2014
- How are bed bugs spread? - November 3rd, 2014
- Bed Bugs Reported in Hotel Clarion Quebec, Quebec City - June 7th, 2014
- How to kill bed bugs using steam (FAQs) Got bed bugs ... - June 2nd, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites or Mosquito Bites? Got Bed Bugs ... - June 2nd, 2014
- Qubec Bed Bug - April 15th, 2014
- MontrealK9 - March 14th, 2014
- quebec Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - bed bug news ... - February 25th, 2014
- quebec Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - February 6th, 2014
- Hotel Quebec Sues Laurent Azoulay, Guest, Over Bad ... - January 24th, 2014
- BEDBUGS - Globe Pest Control Ltd - January 12th, 2014
- Pest Control Canada – Bed Bugs - January 10th, 2014
- Bed Bug Story - Bad Bed Bugs - January 6th, 2014
- bed bug bites, photos — Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - January 5th, 2014
- Bed Bug Control Products – Pest Control Canada - December 20th, 2013
- quebec — Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - November 27th, 2013
- Hotel Quebec Sues Laurent Azoulay, Guest, Over Bad TripAdvisor ... - November 25th, 2013
- Hotel sues guest for posting review on TripAdvisor about bed bugs - November 17th, 2013
- Hotel Sues Guest for 95K over Bad Review, Bedbugs – SweetIQ Blog - November 15th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Invade New Brunswick Hospital - November 14th, 2013
- Hotel Sues Guest for 95K over Bad Review, Bedbugs - SweetIQ Blog - November 9th, 2013
- Hotel sues guest for posting review on TripAdvisor about bed bugs ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Hotel Quebec Sues Laurent Azoulay, Guest, Over Bad TripAdvisor Review - November 3rd, 2013