Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZwlP1GPJp0
Warren is a city in Macomb County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The city is home to a wide variety of businesses, including General Motors Technical Center, the United States Army Detroit Arsenal, home of the Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) and the Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC), the headquarters of Big Boy Restaurants International, The Cadillac Motor Car Division of General Motors, Campbell Ewald, and Asset Acceptance.
The village of Warren, the predecessor of today's city, was a much smaller one square mile within the boundaries of the now defunct Warren Township, Macomb County, Michigan. Named after War of 1812 veteran, and frontier cleric, Rev. Abel Warren. Rev. Warren was a Methodist Episcopal preacher who left his native New York in 1824 for Shelby Township. He went throughout the present-day Macomb, Lapeer, Oakland, and St. Clair Counties, baptizing, marrying, and burying pioneers of the area, as well as establishing congregations and preaching extensively. He is, by several accounts, the first preacher to be licensed as such by the State of Michigan.
The village was centered on the corner of Mound Road and Chicago Road, around what was called "Beebe's Corners," around a street called Beebe Avenue. Beebe's Corners was a carriage stop between Detroit and Utica. The village had a population of 582 in 1940 and 727 in 1950.
Warren was incorporated as a city in 1957 and consists of what was previously Warren Township, less the city of Center Line, which is encircled by Warren. Between 1950 and 1960, Warren's population soared from 42,653 to 89,426. This population explosion was fueled in part by white flight from its southern neighbor of Detroit in that decade. This change in population continued into the next decade when the city's population doubled again.
Do you have bed bugs in Warren?