Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzK8aLWaDVI
Sterling Heights was incorporated as a city in 1968. It was until the 1950s an agricultural area largely devoted to growing rhubarb and other crops sold in Detroit.
Prior to 1968 Sterling Heights was known as Sterling Township. It had from 1836 until 1838 been known as Jefferson Township.
Anthony Dobry was the last township supervisor, and then served on the first city council; Later, Anthony served as mayor for eight years. Dobry Road on the northern city limits is named after him.
Gerald Donovan became the first mayor of the city. There was already a small village named Sterling in Arenac County, so the word "Heights" was added to the township.
The August 2006 issue of Money magazine listed Sterling Heights as No. 19 on its list of the 90 "Best Small Cities" to live in. Sterling Heights was ranked the sixth safest city in the U.S. with a population between 100,000—499,999, according to Morgan Quitno's 2006 analysis of crime rates.
One of the largest attractions is Freedom Hill Park
home to the Freedom Hill Amphitheater. The Amphitheater is the largest of its kind in Macomb County, second in the state only to the DTE Energy Music Theater. The complex also plays home to the massive Bethesda Church, which is one of the largest in the County.
Do you have bed bugs in Sterling Heights?
Extermination of Bed Bug Infestation Video: