Bed bugs are creatures that belong to group Insecta. They are cosmopolitan in occurrence. They might be present in all the places at homes, and in offices. If you find bed bugs, take the help of a professional assistance to treat them. Treatment of bed bugs is the process of treating them with various alternatives to kill or get rid of them.
Most bed bugs feed on human blood while people are asleep. They pierce the skin of its host with two hollow tubes. One tube injects saliva and other one sucks the blood from the host body. Kill the bed bugs by washing everything in hot water and vacuuming your bags inside and out. Vacuum your living space relentlessly including furniture. There are several methods to get rid of bed bugs as listed:
Heat is a very effective bed bug killer that can be used in various ways to eradicate bed bugs. Steam heat is used in carpets, behind baseboards and furniture. Steaming is a slow, methodical work that takes patience. Steam alone will not eliminate an infestation. Vapor steam cleaners can reach the temperatures of 240 to 360 degrees or high to cause dangerous burns. So be cautious. They are very useful in the fight against bed bugs and many pest companies use this as a best effective tool.
Hot dryers and portable heat chambers can be used to kill bed bugs in infested household items. Professional heating systems can be used to treat entire rooms and structures. Though heat treatment is one of the tools to fight against bed bugs, it has no residual (long lasting) activity. The bed bug may re-infest again. Due to creation of convection currents by powerful fans within the heated room, the whole room bed bugs heat treatments have been very successful. Here the thermal death point of bed bugs will be 113 degree Fahrenheit.
Out of all methods, killing bed bugs with heat is one of the methods to be free from them. Currently there are two heating systems. They are ThermaPureHeat and Temp-Air heat remediation system. These are the effective technologies used.
ThermaPureHeat is a best solution to prevent bed bugs infestations. This approach is non-toxic, non-chemical that penetrates to all the hidden places like cavities, cracks and under carpets. Applying heat evenly will kill all the stages of the bed bugs along with eggs in a single treatment oftentimes. Unlike many pesticides, ThermaPureHeat will penetrate into all bedbug hiding places and kill bed bugs. This process will force the heat into beds, bedding, mattresses, furniture and wall cavities etc. Raising room temperatures above the thermal death point (a temperature at which the bed bug dies) helps in eliminating bed bug infestation. This temperature is achieved by ThermaPureHeat process.
In this process, electric heaters or propane generated heat is used to heat the air inside the room to a temperature of 135 degree Fahrenheit. This temperature is monitored at all the hiding places from numerous sensors. Once this temperature is reached, the heating process is continued for one hour or more to kill the bed bugs. The determination of thermal death points for bed bugs is done by two things; one is the temperature and second is the exposure time. This process is a simple control methodology to alter the natural environment of the bed bug making it worse to them. As some people are sensitive to chemicals due to many disorders, this process is a practical solution. This is ideal for schools, hospitals and health care centers.
Therma Pure Heat Treatment
The Temp-Air heat Remediation System has the same principle compared to ThermaPureHeat method. This process uses large electric heaters placed in the infested room and powered by generator outside. These heaters generate heat and high velocity fans are used to blow the heated air to all corners until the temperature is increased for 120 to 135 degree Fahrenheit. Finally, the sensors monitored and this treatment works for 4 hours or more.
Temp-Air heat Remediation System
This is one of the methods used for hotel rooms because it is effective, easy to transport and assemble. This heat chamber is made of Polystyrene foam used to treat household items and furniture. Here infested items are placed and heat treated. Rooms with wood or tile floors require extra preparation by placing an insulating foam mat under the chamber. One important point to be noted is that the room itself still needs to be treated with conventional insecticides. In most cases, DIY bed bug treatment is not a great idea.
There is a portable Heating Device called PackTite bed bug heater used for treating items like suitcases, books, CDs, purses and pillows. This product consists of a duffle bag with rack to place your infested items. There is an interior heater and exterior heat monitor where the temperature rises above 120 degree Fahrenheit inside the bag to kill all the life stages of bed bugs. After the treatment, the electrical cord automatically turns the heater off. This product takes several hours to treat infested items but it is completely portable and effective than hot dryer. Before placing the electronic devices inside the PackTite product, check the manual regarding the heat tolerance of electronic instrument.
PackTite Bed bug heater
Bed bugs are the nocturnal, small, wingless insects. They live in dark spaces 1/4to 1/8long. They were cosmopolitan before World War II and now again it is back due to ban of DDT pesticide, an increase in the international travel and a developing resistance to pesticides.
Bed bugs are commonly seen in the edges of the furniture, carpets, mattresses, on the bed sheets crawling from one place to other, picture frames, loosened wallpaper and other cracks and crevices. They might be present in the luggage hiding and often they are brought to home by bringing secondhand items. They are seen with their eggs attached to bedding and clothing. They cant be noticed by anybody as they are very small. It is very difficult to know whether an infestation occurs or not.
Some people are affected by bed bugs very severely that shows the reddish welts and bumps on the skin. Some might get swollen rashes that leads to allergic reactions. Some of them might not get any symptoms. Others may get the symptoms and goes off for long days to return back. Bed bugs do not transmit any infectious diseases. They are resistant to some chemicals.
Read the original post:
Bed Bug Remedies Heat treatment for Bed bugs
- 6 Symptoms / Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation - News Anyway - May 24th, 2022
- Bed Bug Bites: Symptoms and Treatments - Healthline - December 22nd, 2021
- 9 Natural Bed Bug Repellent Remedies | Terminix - October 27th, 2021
- How Long do Bed Bug Bites Last, Take to Appear, Go Away ... - October 27th, 2021
- 5 Things Hospitality Industry Needs to Know About the Bed Bug Threat - August 22nd, 2021
- Our Top 10 Methods to Handling those Annoying Pests in Your Home | Happy Healthy Food & Play It Again Sports - EndZoneScore - November 29th, 2020
- How to identify and treat bed bug bites - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- How to get rid of bed bugs fast and 3 signs you have an infestation - Insider - INSIDER - June 27th, 2020
- A Coast-to-Coast Tour Lands One Entomologist on the Home Team - Entomology Today - March 12th, 2020
- Survey Reveals Men More Likely Than Women To Be Very Scared Of Bugs - Study Finds - March 2nd, 2020
- 5 Worst House Pests and How To Eliminate Them - theseeker.ca - March 2nd, 2020
- Rospotrebnadzor warned about this new type of threat of bed bugs - The Times Hub - February 2nd, 2020
- RealtimeCampaign.com Asks Does Home Insurance Cover Bed Bugs? Uncovering the Truth behind These Insects and Invasion Solutions - MENAFN.COM - December 13th, 2019
- What Causes Itching? - Scientific Reasons Behind Why We Itch - Prevention.com - October 12th, 2019
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs | Reader's Digest - May 4th, 2019
- Bedbug Organic Cures Natural Homeopathic - Orkin.com - March 7th, 2019
- What Are the Best Bed Bug Home Remedies and ... - pestkill.org - February 28th, 2019
- Busting Old Wives Tales: DIY Bed Bug Home Remedies ... - January 25th, 2019
- How To Treat Bed Bug Bite Scars And Marks 20 Proven Remedies - April 11th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites - Rapid Home Remedies - March 19th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs - FightBugs.com - March 2nd, 2018
- get rid of bed bug sites - Authority Remedies - January 31st, 2018
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 20th, 2017
- Bug Bites that Blister: Best Remedies for Mosquito, Spider ... - June 9th, 2017
- Bed Bugs - Myths & Facts - New York City - June 21st, 2016
- Home Remedies For Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Remedies for Bed Bugs - Old Home Remedies Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Bed Bug Remedies - Tallman Scientific - October 5th, 2015
- Herbal Health Care: Bed Bug Repellents - September 25th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment | Clark Pest Control - September 7th, 2015
- Bed Bug Pictures, Symptoms and Treatment | Preventing ... - July 3rd, 2015
- Bed Bug Barrier, Screw-In Style, Each - July 2nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Exterminator in NYC | BedBug911 - Get Rid of Bed Bugs - June 19th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bites - Pictures, Treatment & Prevention ... - June 9th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home | Bed Bug ... - June 1st, 2015
- 24/7 Bed Bug Exterminator NYC | Treatment & Inspections - May 31st, 2015
- Natural Bed Bug Remedies - Don't Mess with Mama - March 26th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment - Buzzle - December 25th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Treatment | Get Rid of Bed Bugs - PestBusters ... - December 13th, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites: Bed Bug Treatment, Bed Bug Bites Symptoms ... - November 16th, 2014
- Specialist Bed Bugs Treatment company operating in London ... - October 27th, 2014
- CDC - Bed Bugs - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Extermination Remedies - Earth Clinic - May 8th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment Do It Yourself Safe Pest Control - May 6th, 2014
- Bed Bug Infestation - WebMD - Better information. Better ... - March 13th, 2014
- How To Kill Bed Bugs | 888-660-4464 This Is How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs - Video - February 17th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Infest New Bredfor Bank - February 13th, 2014
- Cobrazol Research Study Scientific Poster Wins Award at Scripps 11th Annual Natural Supplements Conference - February 11th, 2014
- How to Kill Bed Bugs With Home Remedies | eHow - January 11th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment | Freezing Bed Bugs | Bed Bug Heat Treatment - January 1st, 2014
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs: Will Anything Work? - December 31st, 2013
- Bedbugs: Treatments and drugs - MayoClinic.com - Mayo Clinic - December 16th, 2013
- BedBugs.org - The Web's #1 Bed Bug Resource - December 6th, 2013
- Bed Bug Repellants and Natural Cures - EarthClinic.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Remedy | eHow - eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More ... - November 27th, 2013
- 6 Tips For The Treatment of Bed Bugs | Treatmentforbedbugs.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bug Treatment Steps: - November 24th, 2013
- Bed Bugs: How to Get Rid of Bedbugs – Orkin.com - November 10th, 2013
- Identifying Bed Bug Infestations - Bed Bugs | Pesticides | US EPA - November 10th, 2013
- bed bug news, information, activism, and support — Got bed bugs ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Bites, Signs, in Hotels, Treatment, Symptoms - MedicineNet - November 3rd, 2013
- Treatment of Bed Bugs In Six Simple Steps - November 3rd, 2013
- OKC Apartment Complex Charges Residents To Exterminate Bed Bugs - October 3rd, 2012
- New research shows bed bugs are not disease spreaders - July 1st, 2012
- Study of the Day: Over-the-Counter Bedbug Remedies Are Worthless - June 18th, 2012
- bed bug control bedbug infestation treatment preparation kill egg bite feeding eat party song - Video - January 24th, 2012
- Bed Bug Dog: A New Application of a Proven Technology - Video - December 26th, 2011
- bed bug bite treatment - Video - December 20th, 2011
- Bed Bug Remedy - Video - December 19th, 2011
- Bed bugs treatment and how to get rid of bed bugs. - Video - December 16th, 2011
- What Does a Bed Bug Bite Look Like? And How Do I Know if I've Been Bitten by One? - Video - December 2nd, 2011
- Bed Bug Detection and Removal: JT Eaton Kills Bed Bugs (Green) - Video - November 1st, 2011
- How the Dead Bed Bugs Treatment System Works - Video - October 18th, 2011
- Bed Bug Treatment of Just the Mattress and Bed - Video - October 17th, 2011
- Yungztuh - Listen to your heart (Short) - October 11th, 2011
- How To Stop Bedbugs - October 11th, 2011
- BEDBUGs - October 8th, 2011
- About Bed Bugs - October 5th, 2011
- Disposophobia at Extreme forces Evictions - October 5th, 2011