What are Bed Bug Bites?
Getting bitten by bugs, especially bed bugs is a very common thing that can happen to anyone . Even if your house is the most immaculate, it still has bugs if you bring them home on luggage or clothes. Bed bugs can sneak into anywhere: your bed, your carpet, your furniture, etc. They will bite you and you dont even know when.
The bites from bed bug can look similar to the bites from other insects which commonly appear in either clusters or rows of 3 5 bites. The most popular sites for bed bug bites are the hands and arms as well as neck and even the face.
Depending on the person, they might not even notice the bites or they might have symptoms such as rashes or bumps which are itchy and red .
Also they can have allergic reaction together with burning sensation and painful swelling at the area surrounding the bites. The bites can become engorged or in the worst case develop anaphylactic response .
Some bites can disappear after a few days but some can become infected. Bed bugs dont transmit diseases but they can cause a skin infection because of the scratch.
Here are top 20 most effective remedies for how to get rid of bed bug bites which you can easily apply in order to get rid of bed bugs bites and prevent future incidents that might disturb your rest
Lemon juice is a natural astringent for how to get rid of bed bug bites. It can keep itching at bay and dry out rashes that are caused by bed bug bites. Moreover, lemon juice can reduce swelling, redness and prevent infection because of the anti-inflammatory content in it .
Note: Dont go out in the sun for a couple of hours after taking this tip because lemon juice can make your skin vulnerable to sunburn. You can find out more about the applications of lemon juice at: Home Remedies for Sore Throat and Dry and Rough Hands.
Using apple cider vinegar is a natural solution for how to get rid of bed bug bites. The acetic acid and anti-inflammatory properties content in apple cider vinegar can reduce the itch and burn .
Note: You can use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar. For more information about benefits and applications of apple cider vinegar, please read: Home Remedies for Vaginitis and Stiff Neck.
This is another easy way for how to get rid of bed bug bites. Toothpaste can reduce the burn and itching sensations thanks to its cooling menthol .
Note: Remember to use white toothpaste, not a gel version. Toothpaste can treat some other problems related to skin as well, you can find out more at: Home Remedies for Whiteheads and Pimples.
Using cucumber is a natural way to reduce the bites. Cucumber (slices and peels) contains vitamin C as well as caffeic acid that provide anti-inflammatory benefits that can relief the itch and burn .
Note: You should cool the pieces in the refrigerator before placing it on the affected area for the best effects.
This is an easy but effective way to ease the itch from bed bug bites. Ice can ease the itching sensations thanks to its cold temperature . In addition, it can calm the swelling.
Oatmeal is an effective tip for how to get rid of bed bug bites because of its anti-inflammatory properties and soothing. Furthermore, it can reduce skin irritation caused by skin issues like psoriasis and eczema .
Even though witch hazel is mostly used as a facial cleanser, you still can use it to ease the itch caused by bed bug bites because of the tannins that content in it have a mild anesthetic effect .
Moist tea bags can be effective to reduce the swelling and itching caused by insect bites, especially bed bug bites because of its mild anesthetic property and tannins with astringent .
Baking soda is another efficient ingredient for how to get rid of bed bug bites because it can neutralize acidic chemicals that are the causes of itching. It can reduce redness and swelling thanks to its anti-inflammatory property .
The gel of Aloe Vera is very good for your skin and particularly beneficial ingredient for how to get rid of bed bug bites. It can reduce the burning and itching caused by insect bites and bed bugs thanks to its amino acid and active compounds. In addition, it can keep the skin moisturized in order to heal the skin .
Another tip on how to heal bed bug bites is banana peel, which we usually do not what to do with. It is clear that banana is one of the most incredible fruits with excellent amounts of nutrients. We have appreciated its health benefits since ancient times. However, few people actually know the advantages of banana peel.
Scientists have figured out that banana peel contains some bioactive compounds, for example, carotenoids and polyphenols. They are strongly therapeutic and play an important role in the fight against itchy feeling and infections. Therefore, you can use the peel as beg bug cream to rub your skin 2-3 times every day.
Infected bed bug bite can be treated easily with the support of onion, one of the best natural remedies for bed bug bites. Onion provides a lot of sulfur and this substance has strongly therapeutic properties. Even though some people dislike onion because of its nasty smell, it is undeniable that it is very good for bed bug bites treatment, not to mention its amazing anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
If you feel uncomfortable with its smell, you can always overcome it with simple natural home remedies for Onion Breath.
The use of tea tree oil for coping with skin issues has been practised all around the world, especially in Australia. This fact results from its antifungal and antiseptic properties. As long as you dilute it, tea tree oil can work as a wonderful bed bug bite relief. The suggestion is to mix it with water because raw oil could worsen bed bug bite rash.
Nonetheless, pregnant women or those who are feeding their baby with breastmilk had better not use tea tree oil.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!
Read this article:
get rid of bed bug sites - Authority Remedies
- 18 Natural Home Remedies For Bed Bugs Bites - July 8th, 2022
- 6 Symptoms / Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation - News Anyway - May 24th, 2022
- Bed Bug Bites: Symptoms and Treatments - Healthline - December 22nd, 2021
- 9 Natural Bed Bug Repellent Remedies | Terminix - October 27th, 2021
- How Long do Bed Bug Bites Last, Take to Appear, Go Away ... - October 27th, 2021
- 5 Things Hospitality Industry Needs to Know About the Bed Bug Threat - August 22nd, 2021
- Our Top 10 Methods to Handling those Annoying Pests in Your Home | Happy Healthy Food & Play It Again Sports - EndZoneScore - November 29th, 2020
- How to identify and treat bed bug bites - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- How to get rid of bed bugs fast and 3 signs you have an infestation - Insider - INSIDER - June 27th, 2020
- A Coast-to-Coast Tour Lands One Entomologist on the Home Team - Entomology Today - March 12th, 2020
- Survey Reveals Men More Likely Than Women To Be Very Scared Of Bugs - Study Finds - March 2nd, 2020
- 5 Worst House Pests and How To Eliminate Them - theseeker.ca - March 2nd, 2020
- Rospotrebnadzor warned about this new type of threat of bed bugs - The Times Hub - February 2nd, 2020
- RealtimeCampaign.com Asks Does Home Insurance Cover Bed Bugs? Uncovering the Truth behind These Insects and Invasion Solutions - MENAFN.COM - December 13th, 2019
- What Causes Itching? - Scientific Reasons Behind Why We Itch - Prevention.com - October 12th, 2019
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs | Reader's Digest - May 4th, 2019
- Bedbug Organic Cures Natural Homeopathic - Orkin.com - March 7th, 2019
- What Are the Best Bed Bug Home Remedies and ... - pestkill.org - February 28th, 2019
- Busting Old Wives Tales: DIY Bed Bug Home Remedies ... - January 25th, 2019
- How To Treat Bed Bug Bite Scars And Marks 20 Proven Remedies - April 11th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites - Rapid Home Remedies - March 19th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs - FightBugs.com - March 2nd, 2018
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 20th, 2017
- Bug Bites that Blister: Best Remedies for Mosquito, Spider ... - June 9th, 2017
- Bed Bug Remedies Heat treatment for Bed bugs - June 21st, 2016
- Bed Bugs - Myths & Facts - New York City - June 21st, 2016
- Home Remedies For Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Remedies for Bed Bugs - Old Home Remedies Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Bed Bug Remedies - Tallman Scientific - October 5th, 2015
- Herbal Health Care: Bed Bug Repellents - September 25th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment | Clark Pest Control - September 7th, 2015
- Bed Bug Pictures, Symptoms and Treatment | Preventing ... - July 3rd, 2015
- Bed Bug Barrier, Screw-In Style, Each - July 2nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Exterminator in NYC | BedBug911 - Get Rid of Bed Bugs - June 19th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bites - Pictures, Treatment & Prevention ... - June 9th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home | Bed Bug ... - June 1st, 2015
- 24/7 Bed Bug Exterminator NYC | Treatment & Inspections - May 31st, 2015
- Natural Bed Bug Remedies - Don't Mess with Mama - March 26th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment - Buzzle - December 25th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Treatment | Get Rid of Bed Bugs - PestBusters ... - December 13th, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites: Bed Bug Treatment, Bed Bug Bites Symptoms ... - November 16th, 2014
- Specialist Bed Bugs Treatment company operating in London ... - October 27th, 2014
- CDC - Bed Bugs - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Extermination Remedies - Earth Clinic - May 8th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment Do It Yourself Safe Pest Control - May 6th, 2014
- Bed Bug Infestation - WebMD - Better information. Better ... - March 13th, 2014
- How To Kill Bed Bugs | 888-660-4464 This Is How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs - Video - February 17th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Infest New Bredfor Bank - February 13th, 2014
- Cobrazol Research Study Scientific Poster Wins Award at Scripps 11th Annual Natural Supplements Conference - February 11th, 2014
- How to Kill Bed Bugs With Home Remedies | eHow - January 11th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment | Freezing Bed Bugs | Bed Bug Heat Treatment - January 1st, 2014
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs: Will Anything Work? - December 31st, 2013
- Bedbugs: Treatments and drugs - MayoClinic.com - Mayo Clinic - December 16th, 2013
- BedBugs.org - The Web's #1 Bed Bug Resource - December 6th, 2013
- Bed Bug Repellants and Natural Cures - EarthClinic.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Remedy | eHow - eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More ... - November 27th, 2013
- 6 Tips For The Treatment of Bed Bugs | Treatmentforbedbugs.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bug Treatment Steps: - November 24th, 2013
- Bed Bugs: How to Get Rid of Bedbugs – Orkin.com - November 10th, 2013
- Identifying Bed Bug Infestations - Bed Bugs | Pesticides | US EPA - November 10th, 2013
- bed bug news, information, activism, and support — Got bed bugs ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Bites, Signs, in Hotels, Treatment, Symptoms - MedicineNet - November 3rd, 2013
- Treatment of Bed Bugs In Six Simple Steps - November 3rd, 2013
- OKC Apartment Complex Charges Residents To Exterminate Bed Bugs - October 3rd, 2012
- New research shows bed bugs are not disease spreaders - July 1st, 2012
- Study of the Day: Over-the-Counter Bedbug Remedies Are Worthless - June 18th, 2012
- bed bug control bedbug infestation treatment preparation kill egg bite feeding eat party song - Video - January 24th, 2012
- Bed Bug Dog: A New Application of a Proven Technology - Video - December 26th, 2011
- bed bug bite treatment - Video - December 20th, 2011
- Bed Bug Remedy - Video - December 19th, 2011
- Bed bugs treatment and how to get rid of bed bugs. - Video - December 16th, 2011
- What Does a Bed Bug Bite Look Like? And How Do I Know if I've Been Bitten by One? - Video - December 2nd, 2011
- Bed Bug Detection and Removal: JT Eaton Kills Bed Bugs (Green) - Video - November 1st, 2011
- How the Dead Bed Bugs Treatment System Works - Video - October 18th, 2011
- Bed Bug Treatment of Just the Mattress and Bed - Video - October 17th, 2011
- Yungztuh - Listen to your heart (Short) - October 11th, 2011
- How To Stop Bedbugs - October 11th, 2011
- BEDBUGs - October 8th, 2011
- About Bed Bugs - October 5th, 2011