Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Sometimes people see a strange insect in their home and wonder what it is. Or they wake up with itchy bite marks or a strange rash and assume they have bed bugs. The first thing they often do is log on to the internet to do a little detective work.
There are several signs of bed bugs that can help make it clear that you do or do not have a true bed bug infestation on your hands. Any single sign may not be conclusive. But the more signs you see, the more likely you have a problem you need to address.
Here are 5 signs you may have a bed bug infestation in your home.
Its possible to kill bed bugs while they are feeding or just after when you move around or roll over in bed. The red stains are left on your bedding or mattress when bed bugs are crushed. This is easy to see if you have light colored bedding but is still possible to see even on darker bedding.
Bed bugs will leave a blackish looking trail of fecal specks on your mattress or bedding. Bed bug feces is pretty much just dried blood. In fact, if you wet it very carefully with a small amount of water, it may turn red again and look like blood.
Youll often find feces in mattress seams and other cracks and crevices. Bed bugs are small and flat and often remain hiding in such places. Also check seams in pillows, furniture cushions, floor moldings and baseboards for both bed bugs and bed bug feces.
Exoskeletons are the hard shell of a bed bug. This shell protects the bed bug and provides the structure for its muscles and organs. When the bed bug grows, it does so through a process called molting.
During the process of molting, the outer layer of the bed bugs exoskeleton (called the cuticle) cracks and is sloughed off. This allows the bed bug to expand. A new shell will harden and the bed bug will be at a new size. They leave the exoskeletons behind. When you see them, it is an indication that bed bugs are there.
Check in the same places you would for bed bug feces: seams of pillows and cushions, folds in bedding, baseboards, etc.
It is said that when you crush bed bugs or have a heavy bed bug infestation, you can smell a sickly sweet aroma. Different people have described the smell as:
Take all of it with a grain of salt. If you dont have much of an infestation, chances are you might not smell anything. But if you are in your home and notice a new smell that seems out of place, it might be something to keep in mind.
Bed bugs tend to leave bite marks in a straight line or trail. Often appear in a series of 3 or 4 bites. Bed bug bites often resemble mosquito and flea bites.
The bodys reaction to a bed bug bite will vary from person to person. For most people, the reaction is limited to localized itching and swelling at the site of the bite. If the itching sensation is intense and you scratch the bites, there is a chance you could open the skin which exposes you to risk of infection. Some people however have an allergic reaction and require medical treatment.
If the onset of bed bug bite symptoms is not immediate, you may have a hard time drawing a connection between the bite marks and sleeping.
Like I wrote in the beginning, none of these signs of bed bugs is conclusive on its own. However, put a couple of them together and they point to a high possibility of a bed bug infestation. The best way to prove a bed bug infestation is to catch and trap a bed bug. But sometimes even this can be difficult. If you think you have bed bugs but are having a hard time finding evidence, consider hiring a professional bed bugs exterminator. They could save you a lot of time and money.
Get quotes from local bed bugs exterminators now It's FAST, EASY and FREE.
Go here to read the rest:
5 Signs of Bed Bugs in Your Home - Bed Bugs Information ...
- Oregon Health Authority : About Bed Bugs : Pesticide ... - March 11th, 2021
- Ionescu adjusting to life in WNBA bubble - Brooklyn Daily Eagle - July 16th, 2020
- Common Bugs in Oregon | The Bug Man Portland & Vancouver ... - April 11th, 2020
- Researchers, growers have 'superweeds' in their sights | Research Center - Capital Press - April 11th, 2020
- Why Trump Awarding the G-7 Summit to His Own Resort Is a Direct Violation of the Constitution - The Mary Sue - October 22nd, 2019
- Prevent Bed Bugs in Senior Living Communities | Blog ... - March 14th, 2019
- Bed Bug Pest Control in Beaverton | Portland Bed Bug Services - October 6th, 2018
- Bed Bug Forum Portland Oregon - Bed Bugs Northwest - October 2nd, 2018
- Bed Bug Heat Treatment Oregon & SW Washington - September 14th, 2018
- Kill Bed Bugs in Alvadore Oregon Best of 2018 - January 27th, 2018
- Oregon, United States Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - November 23rd, 2017
- 12 Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs Permanently - November 9th, 2017
- The Central City Bed | Bed Bug Resistant Furniture Line - November 9th, 2017
- Bedroom Guardian Review: How I Got Rid of Bed Bugs | Does ... - October 14th, 2017
- Bed Bugs | Multnomah County - October 5th, 2017
- Four Walls, a Roof, and Harold - Seattle Weekly - August 9th, 2017
- Alien Invasion! - PCT Magazine - June 27th, 2017
- Most Americans fear bed bugs but can't spot one - WTAE Pittsburgh - June 19th, 2017
- Cost of bed bugs extermination service - Orkin - June 6th, 2017
- Cave Dwellers Battled Bedbug Bites Too - Scientific American - April 8th, 2017
- How to Recognize Bed Bugs: 4 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow - February 8th, 2017
- How To Get Rid of Bed Bugs Salem, Oregon - Pest Control - December 28th, 2016
- Bed Bugs | Morgellons Research Group - July 22nd, 2016
- How to Avoid Bed Bugs When You Travel | WanderWisdom - July 22nd, 2016
- Bed Bugs - Community Alliance of Tenants - Oregon - March 7th, 2016
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs - Bed Bugs Northwest - October 30th, 2015
- Bed Bug Exterminators Removal Pest Control - Portland OR ... - August 7th, 2015
- How to Find Bed Bugs in a Mattress | eHow - February 15th, 2015
- How to Avoid Bed Bugs When You Travel - HubPages - February 13th, 2015
- What to Use to Kill Bed Bugs - eHow | How to - Discover ... - February 6th, 2015
- Reports of Bed Bugs in Portland Hotels - Portland, Oregon ... - April 24th, 2014
- Bed Bug Registry Database Oregon, Usa, National Bed Bug ... - January 31st, 2014
- Bed Bugs in Oregon - Leupitz Pest Control - January 26th, 2014
- Bed Bug Exterminator Portland | Kill Bed Bugs Portland - December 28th, 2013
- Bed Bug Heat Treatments By Sprague | Seattle, Denver, Boise, Salem - December 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bug Information - Washington County, Oregon - December 6th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Portland Oregon : Bed Bugs Help - November 30th, 2013
- A flea? A bed bug? No, it's a carpet beetle! | Oregon and ... - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bug Information - Marion County Oregon - Bed Bugs - November 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Infestation - Bed Bug.org - November 3rd, 2013
- Marion County Oregon - Bed Bugs - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Oregon : Cleaning Solutions To Bed Bug Infestations - November 1st, 2013
- Take Five With Jonathan Smith - February 29th, 2012
- Phony Navy SEAL John Hoven Bed Bug Guy. Fake Fraud Phony Military Impostor. Don Shipley - Video - January 20th, 2012
- Green Choice - Bed Bugs - Video - December 15th, 2011
- How to Kill Bed Bugs with Nuvan Prostrips - Video - December 9th, 2011
- Bed Bug Identifier for iPhone and iPod Touch - Video - December 8th, 2011
- Killers Pest Elimination - Video - October 31st, 2011
- The Great Bed Bug Invasion - Part 1 - The Invasion Has Begun - October 5th, 2011
- Bedbugs and Traveling - September 30th, 2011
- The Great Bed Bug Invasion - Part II - September 28th, 2011
- Killers Pest Elimination - September 25th, 2011
- "Molly" The Best Bed Bug Detection Dog in the West. - September 9th, 2011
- SavantMD.com ~ How to Deal with Bedbugs ~ Health - September 7th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.