Bed bugs are a common but serious issue for homeowners. These small, brown insects cannot jump or fly. Knowing the signs of bed bugs is the first step in finding and removing these pests.
Bed bugs usually stay close to the feeding areas so look for bed bugs in the areas where they congregate including along mattress seams, in the frames of beds or the headboards, behind baseboards and under carpet edges. Bed bugs can also hide behind pictures, door and window casings, loose wallpaper and any cracks.
View How to do a Bed Bug Room Inspection video.
Infestations tend to happen quickly and with little warning, so early signs of bed bugs often point to future problems. The insects stay hidden during the day and come out to feed at night. As a result, residents may miss early bed bug problems until pest populations are already hard to manage.
Bed bugs can hide just about anywhere; this is what can makedetecting bed bugs can be so difficult. Typical hiding places are mattress seams, behind pictures, box springs, in curtains, behind headboards, in sofas, behind baseboards, bed frames, along carpet edges and night stands.
Bed bugs are not just in beds although they usually hide within 3 to 6 feet of their feeding area.
You should regularly inspect all sheets and pillowcases for small brown blood stains (fecal spots) and inspect the seams and folds of mattresses for live insects and bloodstains.
Bed bugs usually stay close to the feeding areas so look in the areas where they congregate including along mattress seams, in the frames of beds or the headboards, behind baseboards and under carpet edges.
Bed bugs can also hide behind pictures, door and window casings, loose wallpaper and any cracks.Residents should inspect bedding, mattresses, cushions, and furniture after finding early signs of bed bugs.
Bed bugs typically hide during in the daytime, so it can often be very difficult to spot them. If you dont see the actual bed bugs look for tiny, rust-coloured stains that they leave behind on mattress tags and seams, ceilings, under seat cushions and behind headboards.
Keep an eye out for potential hiding places, such as buckling wallpaper or carpet, and conditions that can attract bed bugs like excessive heat or moisture.
Some additional symptoms of bed bug infestations include:
Schedule a Bed Bug Inspection
Want to learn more about bed bugs? Click one of the links below:
- Bed Bug Regina, Saskatchewan | Pest Control & Bed Bug ... - October 27th, 2018
- Bed Bug Exterminators Regina - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal ... - September 16th, 2018
- Identifying Small Brown Bugs | ThriftyFun - August 20th, 2018
- About Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal Service - April 4th, 2018
- Bed Bugs - Poulin's Pest Control Services - February 2nd, 2018
- University Library | University of Saskatchewan Library - October 11th, 2017
- BUSINESS BEAT: Alberni businesses celebrate in August - Alberni Valley News - August 15th, 2017
- Fort Sask. travellers return home with bed bugs - Fort Saskatchewan Record - July 21st, 2017
- Identifying Bed Bugs - Orkin Canada - PCO Services - June 19th, 2017
- Bed Bugs Saskatchewan - Focus Canada Saskatchewan bed bug ... - June 16th, 2017
- Bed Bug Prevention While Travelling | Orkin PCO Services - March 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Extermination Services Regina, Saskatchewan | 911 ... - January 15th, 2017
- Regina Experts on Bed Bugs, BTU's - Regina, SK - January 7th, 2017
- Bed Bug Services - Poulin's Pest Control - January 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - December 11th, 2016
- Poulin's Pest Control Services - Serving Western Canada ... - December 8th, 2016
- How to get rid of bed bugs? Saskatoon Pest Control - February 24th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home - February 6th, 2015
- Toronto Bed Bug Registry Maps Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... - February 6th, 2015
- Calgary-based company needs to address bed bugs, Saskatoon renters say - November 28th, 2014
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan ... - January 24th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Globe Pest Control Ltd - January 12th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Pest Control Canada - January 4th, 2014
- Eliminate Bed Bugs | Canadian Thermal Solutions - December 6th, 2013
- BEDBUGS - Pest Control Canada - November 3rd, 2013
- Canadian Thermal Solutions. Canine bed bug detection. Thermal ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan | Canadian ... - November 3rd, 2013