We rented the apartment for 3 nights. It's pretty spacious for our family of three. My husband and daughter's main complaint was that it's too musty. It didn't help when only one window in the entire place could be opened (though there were fans). This tourist home is very old after all. In here, it's like time had stopped since some 40/50 years ago, with no updating, and I wouldn't say this house is the heritage character kind.
For me, cleanliness is the most important thing, especially in the bathroom. I would say that the effort to keep the place clean was evident. The bathroom, the dining table top or the kitchen counter were all pretty clean and bedsheets/cover were quite contemporary as well as clean. It's just that when things are old and worn down, they don't look good, even if they are clean. Also, for me, old carpet is the killer. No matter how much you vacuum old carpet, their age would show AND you know dust and mites are trapped in there.
What's impressive for me, though, was that the simple continental breakfast was served to us. There was a small breakfast room with cutlery, cups and saucers all neatly set up. We sat down and Terra, the nice breakfast lady, asked us if we wanted white, whole wheat or raisin toasts. She also served us tea and coffee. There were also basic cereals that we could help yourselves with.
The front entrance did have cigarette smoke smell. Luckily, our apartment was smoke-free.
Nora, the owner, who appeared business-like, was actually quite friendly and open to chatting. She asked us where we were going next and advised us to take the ferry instead of driving all the way to Cape Breton. As we were talking, her son was putting a new Keurig coffee machine together for the place. So there's some updating!
Would I go back again? Probably not. But if you are looking for an inexpensive place that's close to downtown (we walked to downtown from here) to stay for a night or two, I would recommend it.
The rest is here:
Musty With Bed Bugs - Review of Ambrose Tourist Home ...
- Bed bugs strike P.E.I. | CBC News - February 15th, 2020
- i got bug bites - Review of Sherwood Motel, Charlottetown ... - March 30th, 2018
- Freezing Bed Bugs: Does the Cold Kill Them? - January 7th, 2018
- Prince Edward Island, Canada Bed Bug Registry Map Bed ... - December 23rd, 2017
- Bed Bugs in Hotels - orkincanada.ca - February 15th, 2017
- Can Bed Bugs Jump? - Orkin PCO Services - January 24th, 2017
- Bed Bug Report for 3075 Prince Edward St, Vancouver, BC - April 11th, 2015
- NEW Mainstays Bed Bug Allergy Mattress Encasement- DOUBLE ... - April 2nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Facts: Where Do Bed Bugs Come From? Orkin ... - March 25th, 2015
- Saskatchewan, Canada Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - January 27th, 2015
- Coming in 2015: The First Bed Bug Trap Toronto ... - January 2nd, 2015
- Scientists developing first bed bug trap Toronto ... - December 30th, 2014
- Just Bugs | GTA, Vaughan, Richmond Hill Bed Bug Pest Control - December 20th, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites – Orkin PCO Services – Exterminator & Pest … - December 9th, 2013
- Bed Bug Facts: Where Do Bed Bugs Come From? - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bug Control Products - Pest Control Canada - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Prince Edward Island Forum - TripAdvisor - November 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - Exterminator & Pest ... - November 19th, 2013
- What Do Bed Bugs Look Like? Bed Bug Identification - November 9th, 2013
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - Exterminator & Pest Control ... - November 3rd, 2013