DOES CANADA NOT WANT ME TO GET RID OF MY BED BUGS?????
Can’t buy Cimexa or Nuvan strips… How am I going to treat my over 1500$ worth of engineering textbooks that I had intended to keep indefinitely. Or my other books. Or my shoes. Or my craft supplies. Or my blender. Or my TV!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH
Quebec rental law states that you cannot terminate your lease early unless you are able to negotiate with your landlord. Unfortunately my landlord is a huge company managing hundreds of rental properties in Montreal and though they have had my unit exterminated (4 times already since December) they are not properly dealing with the units adjacent to mine… Furthermore, since they are a big company they don’t give a fuck about the pschological problems and money that im throwing down the drain due to this issue. My building is as close to low-income housing as you can get without it explicitly being low income housing.
Quebec rental law also does not mandate the landlord to inform you of infestations in the building. We moved in without knowing the whole building had been dealing with on and off infestations for over 5 years. Futhermore there was (and still is) an active infestation in the apartment below us.
Pest control companies only use sprays and borax…… WHICH SUCKS when I can garrentee they are hiding in the walls.
Pest control company comes for the first extermination after I literally found a live bed bug on the bed while i was trying to fall asleep. They say they didn’t find anything….low and behold they are back in 1.5 months later when I literally found a nest :(.
This same company says they inspected the apartments adjacent to mine and they were cleared. This is despite the fact that my neighbour told me he’s given up on the issue and that he still has them. Again this is the same company who said I didn’t have any when they inspected during the first extermination.
Called the vet about getting advantage or revolution for my cat. They said they dont perscribe drugs for cats due to bed bugs????
Home depot/Canadian tire/Rona dont sell plastic totes with gaskets so I have to seal my belongings in the totes with duck tape.
The only plastic covers (for the box spring) I could fine are breathable and have about 18 holes in them which i had to cover individually with duck tape….
Literally my quality of life has been ruined due to this. All of my and my boyfriend’s clothes are either in plastic bags or large plastic totes (for the stuff I need daily). All out belongings are in plastic totes. We got rid of our couch because it was impossible to dismantle and we kept finding the bugs on it. Now all we have to sit on is hard chairs. My back has been sore for weeks. My boyfriend is covered in bites all the time.
About 3 weeks ago we had an extermination. We were away while it happened. When we came back a week later we kept finding live bed bugs everyday. A week ago we had another extermination… THE SUCKERS ARE STILL ALIVE, bitting us daily in our sleep. We found 2 in the bath tub this morning, and i have no idea how they got in there but I saw a small crack on the ceiling.
Their are gaps everywhere along the baseboards in the apartment. The handy work is shotty at best. Some of the gaps between the flooring and the wall are big enough for me to stick my pinky finger through. I can’t have anyone over to the house…
Now we have to negotiate with our landlord to terminate the lease this summer early. I do not, in good conscious , feel comfortable lease transferring this hell hole to some unwitting person. My mom and my boyfriends Mom think we should just stop paying the rent. However if we do this we could be sued for damages in the Quebec rental board. When and if we can move we are getting rid of all our furniture. I bought my bed from sears outlet 5 years ago for 400$… It is one of the most expensive things I own and now I have to throw it out because its covered in eggs and the exterminators think they are living in the mattress. Im starting a master’s and have funding but barley enough to get by day to day. My boyfriend works at a call center and makes 15$/hr. We have almost no savings and probably are only gonna be able to afford the cheapest ikea mattress when we move out.
Im so paranoid about moving my belongings with me. I intent to wash all dishes and kitchen stuff it very hot soppy water. But im worried about my books and other belongings in the bins. Also about the bins themselves. Not sure if the bins might have eggs on the outside of them as they are so damn hard to see.
Any advice is helpful. This isn’t my first rodeo on this sub but it feels good to get all of these frustrations out.
*** END OF RANT***
Excerpt from:DEALING WITH BED BUGS IN CANADA : Bedbugs
This entry was postedon Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 at 2:44 pmand is filed under Bed Bugs Canada.You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Go here to read the rest:
DEALING WITH BED BUGS IN CANADA : Bedbugs Vancouver …
- 1st Defence Industries Bug Coaster Pest Control Stop ... - May 4th, 2019
- The Law About Bed Bugs in Canada | Rox Bugs Vancouver ... - March 15th, 2019
- Orkin Canada | Pest & Wildlife Control Services - February 2nd, 2019
- Bed Bugs: What are a landlords responsibilities ... - January 30th, 2019
- How Bed Bugs Affect Your Health and What to Do About It ... - January 29th, 2019
- Bed Bugs: What are a landlords responsibilities? LandlordBC - January 27th, 2019
- Bed Bugs Heat Treatment Vancouver | Pest Control Services - January 27th, 2019
- Baby Bed Bug Nymphs: Appearance, Habitat, Bites, etc. - June 20th, 2018
- British Columbia, Canada Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - March 14th, 2018
- Bed Bugs Vancouver Vancouver, British Columbia, Bed Bug ... - October 18th, 2017
- Five Things to Know: Controlled burn out of control, Vancouver filled with smoke and bedbugs - Vancouver Sun - August 4th, 2017
- Worst cities for bed bugs - Castanet.net - August 2nd, 2017
- Got rats? Call Jack, Vancouver's only working canine exterminator - CBC.ca - July 23rd, 2017
- Bed Bug Extermination Services Kelowna, British Columbia ... - June 29th, 2017
- A Focus On Mental Health Could Help End Canada's Fentanyl Crisis - Huffington Post Canada - June 28th, 2017
- About the Bed Bug Registry - June 26th, 2017
- New Westminster renovictions leave low-income renters feeling desperate - CBC.ca - June 15th, 2017
- Skin-crawling moment SPIDER pulled out of woman's ear after complaining of headache - Daily Star - June 15th, 2017
- BED BUGS AND OTHER INFESTATIONS - tenants - June 9th, 2017
- Bedbugs - NHS Choices - February 18th, 2017
- plants to repel bugs - Serendipity and Spice - December 26th, 2016
- How to kill bed bugs without pesticides | Toxics | What ... - July 22nd, 2016
- Bed Bugs: Clinical Relevance and Control Options - July 22nd, 2016
- The Woman Who Let 200,000 Bed Bugs Bite HerFor Science ... - October 3rd, 2015
- Mice in rooms & Bed Bugs Infested!!! DO NOT STAY HERE ... - April 2nd, 2015
- Patrick Guilfoile: Eternal rest for bedbugs | Bemidji Pioneer - March 13th, 2015
- 5 things to know for Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - March 9th, 2015
- How To Identify Bed Bug Bites Ehow - March 5th, 2015
- Fort McMurray Baby's Death Caused By Pesticide For Bed Bugs - February 26th, 2015
- Sterns Chatter 2015 February - February 4th, 2015
- Top Bed Bug Infested Cities in 2015 | BEDBUGS.NET | The ... - January 30th, 2015
- Woman allows bed bugs to feed on her for 5 years, makes game-changing discovery - January 9th, 2015
- Thousands of bed bugs feast on woman for five years - January 9th, 2015
- Woman allows thousands of bedbugs to bite her for 5 years - January 9th, 2015
- Woman allows thousands of bedbugs to bite her for five years - January 9th, 2015
- Woman Allows Thousands of Bedbugs to Feed on her for 5 years, Makes Incredible Discovery - January 9th, 2015
- Woman sleeps with bedbugs for 5 years in name of science - January 9th, 2015
- Bed bugs. - Review of Buchan Hotel, Vancouver, British ... - January 9th, 2015
- Woman allows thousands of bedbugs to feed on her over 5 years, makes incredible discovery - January 9th, 2015
- Travelers Update on the Bed Bug Wars: Importing Pheromone ... - January 5th, 2015
- A Better Bedbug Trap Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Bed Bug ... - January 4th, 2015
- kill bed bugs - The New Way to Kill Bedbugs | Rodale News - January 1st, 2015
- Bedbug bait and trap invented by Simon Fraser University ... - December 27th, 2014
- British Columbia University develops improved bed bug trap - December 24th, 2014
- Bed Bugs - Review of BEST WESTERN Invermere Inn, Invermere ... - December 24th, 2014
- No more itching! Scientists discover a 'cocktail of chemicals' that lures bedbugs into traps - and keeps them there - December 24th, 2014
- Scientist endures 180,000 bed bug bites - December 23rd, 2014
- Scientist endures 180,000 bed bug bites to help develop trap - December 23rd, 2014
- ADD Bed Bug Infestation - ECG threatens to disconnect ... - December 17th, 2014
- Bed Bugs!!! - Review of Aava Whistler Hotel, Whistler ... - December 4th, 2014
- Bc Mattress | About-Mattress.com - December 1st, 2014
- Research | Penn study shows bed bugs can transmit parasite ... - November 27th, 2014
- Researchers compare efficacy of 'natural' bed bug pesticides - October 12th, 2014
- Video - Kill Bed Bugs | Heat-N-Go Bed Bug Extermination - June 2nd, 2014
- BC Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - bed bug news ... - March 14th, 2014
- british columbia Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - February 5th, 2014
- Let the Bed Bugs Bite? Time to Call *9*1*1 PEST CONTROL! - January 21st, 2014
- Bed bugs in rental apartments: does the landlord or tenant pay ... - December 23rd, 2013
- New Technology Offers Solution to US Bed Bug Epidemic ... - November 27th, 2013
- british columbia — Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - November 27th, 2013
- British Columbia, Bed Bug Reports | National Bed Bug Registry ... - November 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs - HealthLinkBC File #95 - November 12th, 2013
- Bed Bug Heat Treatment Process | Heat-N-Go Bed Bug Extermination - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Health Protection - Province of British Columbia - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bug Extermination & Control | Heat N Go Pest Control - November 3rd, 2013
- Heat treatment for bed bugs in Greater Vancouver, BC - Video - February 6th, 2012
- A Bedbug Thinks Vancouver Parents Are Crazy - Video - January 6th, 2012
- Bedbugs on Vancouvers Downtown Eastside.mov - Video - December 20th, 2011
- Community College Bedbugs Found Downtown - Video - December 14th, 2011
- A cartoon about bedbugs ! - Video - December 13th, 2011
- Bed Bug Dogs in RIchmond - Video - December 9th, 2011
- Bed Bugs part2 - Video - December 7th, 2011
- Protect your home from BED BUGS. I have never seen one but be safe segregate purchases - Video - December 3rd, 2011
- Global BC: Bed bugs spreading - Video - October 31st, 2011
- My Dogs Are Tired - October 3rd, 2011
- Removed Favorites worth Searching for - September 25th, 2011
- When the bed bug bites-One Woman's Story - September 22nd, 2011
- Beds a Buggin - September 10th, 2011
- The Bed Bugs Are Coming ! The Bed Bugs Are Coming ! - September 8th, 2011
- Interview on CBC's On the Coast on Vancouver's Bed Bug Problem - September 7th, 2011