Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Bed bugs got their name because they gravitate to the sleeping areas near people initially. Common hiding spots for bed bugs include headboards, mattresses, and box springs. If you dont eliminate an infestation quickly, the bed bugs will travel to other parts of a home, including upholstered furniture, floors, behind baseboards, in wall voids behind outlets, and inside keyboards and electronics.
Bed bugs tend to come out at night and prefer to stay hidden. Catching a live bed bug in the open is nearly impossible. If you do see one crawling over your bedding, the infestation in your home may be so severe that getting rid of them will take more effort and time (and maybe some professional help).
Checking some of their favorite hiding spots more closely is one way to check for bed bugs. Monitoring any bite marks on your family, your pets, or yourself is another way.
Bed bugs thrive in places where people rest long enough to allow the bugs to finish feeding undisturbed. Feeding times for bed bugs are between 3 to 10 minutes.
After feeding, bed bugs tend to hide out of sight in nooks and crevices you may not expect. Knowing how bed bugs eat and survive will help you look at the common living areas below for any indicators of a bed bug infestation.
Your bed is most desirable to a bed bug looking to grow its brood. Food sources are always close by and there are so many places to burrow until its time to feed again or lay eggs.
Check for unusual spots on the sheets, pillow, mattress pad, mattress, and every seam and crevice of your bed. This includes your headboard, bed frame, the floor, especially if you have an area rug or carpet, and other places around your bed.
Your average favorite show on TV lasts about 25 minutes, which is plenty of time for bed bugs to feel sated until their next meal. Any upholstered piece of furniture where people hang around on a regular basis works well for bed bugs. This could be an armchair, ottoman, or even a wheelchair. Check every side of your seat and under the cushions for dark spots.
Baseboards and door hinges
So long as it is close to their blood supply, bed bugs will be there. Thats why baseboards, particularly in the bedroom and living areas where you frequently relax, are decent spots for bed bugs to live. Theyre not only excellent and convenient hiding spots but also the fastest way to travel from one room to another.
Bed bugs can choose any unusual spot that has crevices, including door hinges, so long as it is close enough to you, their food source.
A spreading bed bug infestation can travel through walls and floors into adjacent rooms. Another access point besides baseboards are light sockets, outlets, and switches. These little nooks are great places for the bugs to hide until they are ready to feed when youre sitting next to outlet by your desk, in your favorite chair, or fast asleep in bed.
Your laptop can easily house bed bugs in all of your keyboard crevices. Other places that have little electronic spaces for plugs (and bed bugs) are TVs, computer CPUs, and fans or air purifiers. If any of these electronics came from an infested area, bed bugs may be hiding in there.
Go here to see the original:
Bed Bug Control | Hawx Pest Control
- Horry COVID Update + MB Bed Bug Law + Get In On The MLK Parade - Patch.com - January 2nd, 2022
- North Carolina Bed Bug Hotel and Apartment Reports ... - August 1st, 2020
- Bed bugs modify microbial diversity of homes they infest - THE WEEK - July 18th, 2020
- Inspections of long-term care facilities with outbreaks - North Carolina Health News - April 11th, 2020
- When Marginalized Folk Take Our Lives, It's Because the State Already Has - Wear Your Voice - April 11th, 2020
- Charlotte Ranked As A Top 20 City For Bed Bugs: Orkin - Charlotte, NC Patch - January 15th, 2020
- Can bed bugs make you sick? [2018 comprehensive health ... - April 27th, 2019
- How to inspect your hotel room for bed bugs | Rentokil ... - March 16th, 2019
- Summer Travel Season Without Bed Bugs | North Carolina ... - February 26th, 2019
- Top 10 Myths about Bedbugs [Slide Show] - Scientific American - September 21st, 2018
- Pest Control North Carolina | Get Rid of Bed Bugs in North ... - July 25th, 2018
- Carpet Beetles vs. Bed Bugs | Ehrlich Pest Control - May 27th, 2018
- Bedbugs - Biology and Control | NC State Extension ... - April 4th, 2018
- North Carolinas misguided Landlord/Tenant Bed bug ... - February 11th, 2018
- North Carolina, United States Bed Bug Registry Map Bed ... - February 3rd, 2018
- North Carolina Bed Bug Law - Property Management Wilmington NC - January 21st, 2018
- Is your city on this list of the most beg bug-infested? | KIRO-TV - KIRO Seattle - August 22nd, 2017
- Bedbugs and Mars: Graphics Winners of the 2017 NC State Research Image Contest - NC State News - August 3rd, 2017
- NCPMA's tips: Traveling without bed bugs - Montgomery Herald - July 12th, 2017
- Bed Bugs | North Carolina Cooperative Extension - June 28th, 2017
- Microbes: It's the Little Things that Matter (Part II) - PCT Magazine - June 27th, 2017
- State officials will address bed bug issue Monday before Craven commissioners - New Bern Sun Journal - June 18th, 2017
- Most Americans fear bed bugs but can't spot one - WISN Milwaukee - June 15th, 2017
- Disgruntled man releases bedbugs in Maine city office - Fox Baltimore - June 6th, 2017
- Lake Taylor H.S. to be treated after bed bug sightings - WAVY-TV - April 8th, 2017
- NCPMA PestLine to Answer Consumer Pest Management Questions - PCT Magazine - April 8th, 2017
- Go-Forth's Fain Recognized as NCPMA's 2016 Technician of the Year - PCT Magazine - February 22nd, 2017
- The luxury effect - The Statesman - February 12th, 2017
- Bed bug infestation temporarily closes Alabama fire station - KUTV 2News - February 6th, 2017
- The extermination business | February 2, 2017 | Florida Weekly - Florida Weekly - February 6th, 2017
- Bed Bug Control, NC | Clegg's Termite and Pest Control - December 28th, 2016
- Johnston County, North Carolina Environmental Health ... - March 26th, 2016
- How to prevent the spread of bed bugs - YouTube - March 7th, 2016
- Bed Bugs Pest Control, Exterminators Raleigh, Charlotte ... - February 9th, 2015
- Bed Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - North Carolina Landlord-Tenant Law - February 6th, 2015
- State shuts down assisted living facility in Holly Ridge - January 14th, 2015
- cost of bedbug treatment Archives | NC Bed Bugs - January 5th, 2015
- Orkin's 50 worst cities for bed bugs - WNCN: News, Weather ... - November 29th, 2014
- SPCAP ~ Sleep Products ~ Bed bugs - North Carolina ... - June 5th, 2014
- Officials Confirm Presence of Bed Bugs in NC Marine Base ... - April 18th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Trouble Pitt County Elementary, My Cleaning Products Suggest a Bed Bug Spray to Help Counter the Critters - April 3rd, 2014
- Tracking Bed Bug Infestations - January 10th, 2014
- Bed bugs grow faster in groups - January 10th, 2014
- North Carolina Landlord-Tenant Law: NORTH CAROLINA BED BUG ... - December 31st, 2013
- NCSU Entomology Insect Notes - December 19th, 2013
- North Carolina’s misguided Landlord/Tenant Bed bug Liability ... - December 15th, 2013
- NCSU Entomology Insect Notes - North Carolina Cooperative ... - December 6th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - North Carolina Cooperative Extension | Empowering ... - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bug Treatment and Pest Control | Clegg's Termite & Pest ... - November 25th, 2013
- Report Bed Bugs | Bed Bug Reports | Bed Bug Hotels and ... - November 18th, 2013
- Prep 4 Bed Bugs - home - November 11th, 2013
- NCSU Entomology Insect Notes - North Carolina Cooperative Extension - November 8th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Clegg's Termite & Pest Control | North Carolina Pest ... - November 5th, 2013
- Bed Bug Control / Inspections - North Carolina Residential Pest ... - November 5th, 2013
- Professional Bed Bug Services & Bed Bug Prevention | Palmetto ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bug Treatment and Pest Control | Clegg's Termite & Pest Control - November 3rd, 2013
- Plans to shut down assisted living facility are moving forward - October 5th, 2012
- Exterminator in Lexington, NC - Terminix - Video - May 25th, 2012
- New Hanover Courthouse Denies Bed Bug Infestation, Still BedBugControl911.com Suggests the Purchase of Green Bed Bug ... - March 11th, 2012
- JUDGE: No bed bugs inside NHC Courthouse, carpet beetle instead - March 9th, 2012
- Spring fever hits gardener - March 2nd, 2012
- http://www.southwesterncedaroil.com - How to Spray Cedar Oil Blend Formula on yourself - Video - March 2nd, 2012
- Bed Bug Pesticides Worse than the Pest! - Video - February 21st, 2012
- Rick Barnes comes to the rescue of Georgetown boys home - February 20th, 2012
- Tarheel Canine Training Offers Grant for Free Trained Police Dog - February 13th, 2012
- Charlotte Pest Control Company provide Bed Bug Treatment 704-392-3341 - Video - January 20th, 2012
- Charlotte Pest Control Company finds bed bugs in a radio - Video - January 10th, 2012
- Terminix Bed Bug Dog - Silas - Video - December 16th, 2011
- Terminix Co. of North Carolina Bed Bug Inspection Dogs - Video - December 12th, 2011
- Frisbee the Bed Bug Sniffing Dog - Video - December 8th, 2011
- Smith Exterminating Company | Pest Control | Raleigh NC - Video - November 19th, 2011
- DAYS INN IN POMPANO BEACH, FL - Video - November 6th, 2011
- Farm And Garden Solutions Inc Greensboro NC - Video - October 15th, 2011
- HOLDEN BEACH, NC FIELD TEST 2 - Video - October 15th, 2011
- Smith Termite And Pest Control Winston-Salem NC - Video - October 15th, 2011
- Get Rid of Bed Bugs Report www.NewBernExterminators.com - October 5th, 2011
- WWAY's Ramon Herrera Reports: Bed Bugs a Problem in Cape Fear - October 4th, 2011
- All About Bedbugs - October 4th, 2011
- Termite and Bed Bug Detection Dog - October 4th, 2011
- What are Bed Bugs - October 4th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.