Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
"Don't let the bed bugs bite you" has been a common phrase when a person addresses someone on its way to its overnight slumber. However, the idiom had its roots in anecdotal evidence where tick bites in a bedroom, household, or other places have become prevalent over the past several decades.
Since the onset of global migration in the 1900s, various research suggests that tick bugs have increased their coverage, notably in urban areas.
In the United States, a munch from the lone star tick has resulted in a series of cases of meat allergy amongst the American populace in a span of more than a decade.
Although the condition is not as notorious as the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and other diseases, local medical authorities in the US are on the lookout for the growing threat that is something not to be ignored in spite of its rarity.
(Photo : Photo By Getty Images)
Meat allergies from tick bites were unheard of before 2009 when the first case of the health condition was reported in Missouri.
The notorious allergy will later be known as the Alpha-gal syndrome (AGS).
According to the non-profit medical center Cleveland Clinic, confirmed cases of AGS have increased from 24 in 2009 to 34,000 by 2018, as cited by Newsweek.com.
The latest reports on Wednesday, April 21, suggested that such a trend has continued, with the latest being in Georgia where a woman by the name of Amy Shea had a lone star tick bite, which led her to become allergic to meat, dairy, soaps, and other mammal-based products, as per CNN.
Tick bites can also lead to the so-called lone star tick disease caused by the novel phlebovirus or Heartland virus.
Also Read:Aggressive Tick Could Cause Meat Allergy in Humans
The lexical connotation of AGS is derived from a basic sugar molecule called the alpha-galor galactose, which can be detected in most mammals, except humans.
The molecule is not present among other animals like birds, fish, and reptiles, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Also referred to as the alpha-gal allergy, red meat allergy, or tick bite meat allergy, AGS is a potentially life-threatening medical condition.
Even though it is not caused by an infection from a pathogen, a tick bite triggers a person to be allergic to red meat or other products containing the said galactose.
Medical evidence shows that AGS causes various health hazards affecting the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, and other organs of the body.
With this, the CDC provides the most, if not all, AGS symptoms:
The organization emphasized that symptoms may appear from two to six hours after eating meat or dairy products containing alpha-gal.
The triggered allergy from the immune system can also be apparently acquired even by smelling or being exposed to other products, including gelatin-coated medication.
Related Article: Deadly Viruses Found in Georgia Ticks, Over 50 Fatalities Reported Across 11 States
2022 NatureWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
- #1 Bed Bug Exterminator in Atlanta GA! Control-Removal ... - July 28th, 2020
- Georgia Bed Bug Hotel and Apartment Reports ... - February 27th, 2020
- State-Specific Bed Bug Laws - Bed Bug Law by State - PestWorld - June 3rd, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs | Future Services Inc Atlanta, GA - April 22nd, 2019
- Georgia Bed Bug Blog - This is an information blog about ... - January 7th, 2019
- Common House Bugs in Georgia | Pest Control | McCall Service - September 11th, 2018
- Bed Bugs in Georgia: Bites, & Treatment | Allgood Pest ... - August 17th, 2018
- Bug House Pest Control & Termite Services in Georgia from ... - June 26th, 2018
- More Bed Bugs Breach Hospitals How Do You Get Rid of ... - May 24th, 2018
- Georgia, United States Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - December 31st, 2017
- Top 10 Non-Toxic Ways to Control Bed Bugs | Maria's Farm ... - October 11th, 2017
- NWGHA to participate in bed bug eradication trial - Northwest Georgia News - August 24th, 2017
- Investigation into death of personal care home resident under way ... - The Augusta Chronicle - July 27th, 2017
- Employees walk off the job at bed bug-infested business | 13wmaz ... - 13WMAZ - June 30th, 2017
- Employees walk off the job at bed bug-infested business - WXIA-TV - June 29th, 2017
- Indian outsourcer Wipro has a problem with bugs. Bed bugs - iTWire - June 27th, 2017
- Employees say they're forced to work amid bed bug infestation - WXIA-TV - June 24th, 2017
- Bed Bug Blog - Georgia Atlanta-Macon-Savannah - June 21st, 2017
- Mother says motel refuses to take responsibility for bedbugs - WSB Atlanta - June 18th, 2017
- Infestations | Georgia Department of Public Health - June 14th, 2017
- Officials: Man unleashes bedbugs at city office after not qualifying for benefits - Atlanta Journal Constitution - June 6th, 2017
- Date Book - PCT Magazine - June 5th, 2017
- Renters of Vancouver: He would only rent to people who agreed to help with his disease - Straight.com - June 5th, 2017
- Freeway overpass: For drivers, it's a bridge; for homeless, it's a roof - MyAJC - April 8th, 2017
- Is 80 the new 50? Let's ask 80-year-old Orenza London. - WLTZ 38 NBC - February 23rd, 2017
- In Georgia, what are the tenant/landlord laws for bed bug ... - March 17th, 2016
- Bed Bugs In Savannah, Georgia - McCall Service - March 17th, 2016
- Arrow Exterminators | Bed Bug Control in Georgia - March 17th, 2016
- Get Rid of Bed Bugs With Our Pest Control Exterminators in ... - March 17th, 2016
- Atlanta | Georgia | Bed Bugs |Pest Control |Dog ... - November 4th, 2015
- Bed bugs still an issue at Northwest Georgia Housing ... - July 29th, 2015
- Infestations Due to Scabies, Bed Bugs, and Head Lice - February 15th, 2015
- Bed bug Control & Treatments in Atlanta GA | Repellent Sprays - February 7th, 2015
- McCall Service Now Offering Pest Control in West Georgia - January 15th, 2015
- Pest Control Alerts | Which one of these is the bed bug? - November 19th, 2014
- Scientists worry bed bugs could spread Chagas disease - November 19th, 2014
- Bedbugs Could Spread Deadly, Heart-Damaging Chagas Disease - November 18th, 2014
- Bed Bugs In Georgia - October 26th, 2014
- Investigators uncover numerous code violations at Uplift Center - June 22nd, 2014
- Georgia Atlanta-Macon-Augusta-Athens Bed Bugs Blog - May 26th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Trouble Georgia's Children's Hospital, My Cleaning Products Suggests a Spray to Kill Bed Bugs Fast Without ... - May 19th, 2014
- 12 OYS: Bed bug outbreak at Children's Hospital of Georgia contained - May 15th, 2014
- atlantabedbugs - Atlanta | Georgia | Bed Bugs |Pest ... - May 7th, 2014
- Forest Park Senior Housing Takes a Hit from Bed Bugs; My Cleaning Products Recommends a Pesticide-exempt Spray to Kill ... - February 14th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Atlanta | Clark Pest Remedy - HOME - January 16th, 2014
- Active Pest Control® - Get Rid Of Bed Bugs - Atlanta, GA - December 23rd, 2013
- Couple finds bed bugs in Dauphin Co. hotel - December 12th, 2013
- Bed bugs can survive freezing temperatures, but cold can still kill them - December 12th, 2013
- Bed Bug Control - Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Macon, Roswell ... - December 8th, 2013
- Reports of Bed Bugs in Atlanta Hotels - Atlanta, Georgia ... - December 4th, 2013
- Need a Georgia Bed Bug Specialist? Trust Allgood, we have your ... - December 2nd, 2013
- atlantabedbugs - Atlanta | Georgia | Bed Bugs |Pest Control ... - November 30th, 2013
- Thermal Heat Treatments Atlanta Georgia | Exterminate Bed Bugs ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs and Renters: Know Your Rights - September 30th, 2012
- 12 On Your Side: Ga. woman battling management over bed bugs - June 8th, 2012
- Exterminator in Lawrenceville, GA - Terminix - Video - May 25th, 2012
- Exterminator in Doraville, GA - Terminix - Video - May 25th, 2012
- Bedbug infestations not uncommon at Middle Georgia hotels, apartments - April 22nd, 2012
- Bed Bugs sucking blood - Video - October 14th, 2011
- Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite - Video - October 14th, 2011
- Atlanta Pest Control - October 4th, 2011
- BBB Tip: Finding a Bedbug Exterminator - October 1st, 2011
- Man Treated For Bed Bug Bites - September 25th, 2011
- Bed Bugs Atlanta GA | http://SkylinePest.com - September 23rd, 2011
- Affordable London Pest Control: Bed Bugs Services 0800 709 8698 Free Quote - September 13th, 2011
- Bed Bugs Atlanta GA: Call 404-502-9490 - Bed Bugs Atlanta GA - September 8th, 2011
- Bed Bugs in a Ramada Inn in Roswell GA! - September 8th, 2011
- Albany Pest Control and Prevention Arrow Exterminators - September 7th, 2011
- BedBugs! - September 5th, 2011
- Funny News Clip- Bed Bugs - September 3rd, 2011
- Bed bugs, Are They Really In Atlanta Georgia? - August 17th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.