Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
The Connecticut residential lease agreement (rental agreement) is a written document outlining the terms and conditions between a landlord and tenant to rent real property for a fee. Once endorsed by the landlord and the tenant, the agreement becomes legally binding.
The below disclosures are required for some or all residential lease agreements in Connecticut.
Applicable to all rental units in Connecticut.
Creates a line of communication for important notices and demands between tenant and landlord. Landlords or any authorized individuals who act on behalf of the property should provide contact information (including their address) within or alongside the lease. This information should be provided to the tenant on or before the commencement of the tenancy. 
Applicable to all rental units located in a common interest community in Connecticut.
If a rental property is located in a common interest community (where the tenant pays fees for shared amenities), this must be disclosed in the rental agreement. 
The below notice is an example of sufficient disclosure:
NOTICE OF COMMON INTEREST COMMUNITY. This property is located in a common interest community, which means that the Tenant may be subjected to fees associated with the support of common interests such as amenities.
Download: Connecticut Notice of Common Interest Community Disclosure Form (PDF)
Applicable to all rental units that require a fire sprinkler system in Connecticut.
All rental dwellings that require a fire sprinkler system pursuant to the State Fire Safety Code or the Sate Fire Prevention Code in Connecticut must include a notice informing the tenant if the property has a functioning operative fire sprinkler system.
The notice must be written in 12-point, boldface and uniform font. If there is a system in place, the lease must include the maintenance/inspection history. 
Download: Connecticut Operative Fire Sprinkler Disclosure Form (PDF)
Applicable to all units in Connecticut.
Landlords may not offer a unit for rent that has a bedbug infestation or a potential infestation. If there is an adjacent or contiguous property that has bed bugs, the landlord must provide a notice of the infestation. Upon a tenants request, the landlord must disclose the last date of inspection for bed bugs. 
An example of a bed bug addendum or section would be:
BED BUGS. At the time of presenting this agreement, Landlord certifies:
[ ] No known current infestation or history of bed bugs in this property.[ ] There is no known current infestation, but there is a history of infestation in this property.[ ] No known current infestation, but there is a nearby infestation or history of infestations which may place the property at risk.
See attached addendum for more information.Addendum
Download: Connecticut Bed Bug Disclosure Form (PDF)
Applicable to any rental units built prior to 1978.
It is a federal law in the United States that any home built prior to 1978 must disclose the risks posed by lead-based paints. Paint, paint chips or dust may cause lead-based paint exposure. This law requires landlords in Connecticut to:
Download: Connecticut Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Form (PDF)
The below lease agreement disclosures and addendums are not required by Connecticut law. These disclosures can be helpful to include to help reduce future conflicts with tenants or reduce legal liability for landlords.
Disclosures outline the important health, safety and property information and vary by state. If a landlord does not provide the tenant with the federally or state mandated disclosures, they could face legal repercussions or monetary penalties.
In Connecticut, a landlord who fails to comply with the bed bug disclosure can face monetary penalties. A landlord can be found to be liable to the tenant for attorneys fees and may be liable to pay $250 or the tenants actual damages, whichever is greater. (House Bill No. 5335, Public Act 16-51)
If a landlord fails to disclose the lead-based paint hazard disclosure, they can face fines up to $18,364 per violation. (24 CFR 30.65)
Its best to check with your local laws on which disclosures are required to provide to your tenant.
(a) It is the duty of the landlord or an agent authorized by him, or any successor landlord or such successors agent to notify the tenant in writing, on or before the commencement of the tenancy, or in the case of a successor at the time of such succession, of the name and address of (1) the person authorized to manage the premises and (2) the person who is authorized to receive all notices, demands and service of process. Such name and address shall be kept current
Whenever a dwelling unit in a common interest community is rented from a declarant, successor declarant or person acting on the declarants or successor declarants behalf, such declarant, successor declarant or person shall, prior to entering into a rental agreement, provide the tenant with a written notice that the dwelling unit is located in a common interest community
(b) When renting any dwelling unit, the landlord of such dwelling unit shall include notice in the rental agreement as to the existence or nonexistence of an operative fire sprinkler system in such dwelling unit and shall be printed in not less than twelve-point boldface type of uniform font.
(c) If there is an operative fire sprinkler system in the dwelling unit, the rental agreement shall provide further notice as to the last date of maintenance and inspection and shall be printed in not less than twelve-point boldface type of uniform font
(c) No landlord shall offer for rent a dwelling unit that the landlord knows or reasonably suspects is infested with bed bugs. Before renting a dwelling unit, a landlord shall disclose to a prospective tenant whether the unit the landlord is offering for rent or any contiguous unit of which the landlord is an owner, lessor or sublessor is currently infested with bed bugs. Upon request from a tenant or prospective tenant, a landlord shall disclose the last date on which the dwelling unit being rented or offered for rent was inspected for, and found to be free of, a bed bug infestation
If rent is unpaid when due and the tenant fails to pay rent within nine days thereafter or, in the case of a one-week tenancy, within four days thereafter, the landlord may terminate the rental agreement in accordance with the provisions of sections 47a-23 to 47a-23b, inclusive.
(from CT Gen Stat 47a-4 (2019))(8) agrees to pay a late charge prior to the expiration of the grace period set forth in section 47a-15a or to pay rent in a reduced amount if such rent is paid prior to the expiration of such grace period
Read the original post:
Connecticut Lease Agreement (Free) | 2022 Official | PDF & Word
- Bed Bugs - ladybug.uconn.edu - July 25th, 2020
- Norwalk assisted living facility probed amid complaints from residents - News 12 Connecticut - February 27th, 2020
- Coroner ID's 6 killed in Las Vegas apartment building fire - CT Post - December 30th, 2019
- Bed Bugs in CT: Info on Connecticut Bed Bug Control - March 23rd, 2019
- Bed Bug Treatment CT | Bed Bug Control - March 7th, 2019
- BedBug Chasers of Connecticut - Bed Bug Heat Treatment - February 23rd, 2019
- Bed Bug Detection Dogs in CT | Bed Bug Finders LLC - February 23rd, 2019
- Bed Bugs Exterminator in CT | Envirocare Pest Control - September 5th, 2018
- Temprid: Effective Against Bed Bugs, but Banned in Some US ... - May 30th, 2018
- Bed Bugs in Businesses: Commercial Bed Bug Control & Removal - May 17th, 2018
- Bed Bugs Solutions | Bell Environmental - May 17th, 2018
- Bed Bugs in Connecticut: Our creepy, pervasive and ... - May 13th, 2018
- Does Suffocating Bed Bugs Work? | Atlantic Bed Bug Inspection - April 29th, 2018
- Can You Get Bed Bugs In Your Car? | Atlantic Bed Bug ... - April 28th, 2018
- Information About Bed Bugs | CTLawHelp - March 24th, 2018
- Where Do Bed Bugs Hide In The Winter NYC? - February 26th, 2018
- Eliminate Bed Bugs | Work, Play & Rest BedBug Free! | Bed ... - February 18th, 2018
- Are Bed Bugs in the Walls? - The Bed Bug Inspectors - February 11th, 2018
- Homeless wary as Atlanta closes its last-resort shelter | News ... - The Philadelphia Tribune - August 27th, 2017
- Homeless wary as Atlanta closes its last-resort shelter - CT Post - August 27th, 2017
- Homeless wary as Atlanta closes its last-resort shelter - New Jersey ... - New Jersey Herald - August 27th, 2017
- Ticks are here to stay. But scientists are finding ways to outsmart them - Science News Magazine - August 9th, 2017
- Couple Accused of Putting Flea-Infested Kids in U-Haul - NBC Connecticut - August 8th, 2017
- Baby sitters accused of putting flea-infested kids in U-Haul - CT Post - August 4th, 2017
- A Day in the Life of a Bedbug Collector - OZY - August 4th, 2017
- Central Illinois struggles to find solution for bed bugs - CT Post - July 25th, 2017
- Ticks and Travel: What You Need to Know to Prevent Tick Bites and Illnesses - SmarterTravel.com - June 30th, 2017
- Sacrifice and Survival - PCT Magazine - June 27th, 2017
- Bed Bug Removal - Connecticut Accredited Businesses - June 20th, 2017
- Find a Tick? Worried about Lyme Disease? Head to the Greenwich Health Dept Lab - Greenwich Free Press - June 5th, 2017
- What Makes The Spelling Bee So Hard - FiveThirtyEight - June 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Extermination - Termite & Pest Elimination Corp. - February 17th, 2017
- In the news - NWAOnline - February 15th, 2017
- Dust tops the list of home allergens - Connecticut Post - CT Post - February 6th, 2017
- Can Dogs Carry Bed Bugs - The Bed Bug Inspectors - January 7th, 2017
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs - WFSB 3 Connecticut - May 23rd, 2016
- Bed Bugs Extermination & Removal in Connecticut - March 7th, 2016
- Pesticides for managing bed bugs Richard S ... - Connecticut - March 7th, 2016
- Connecticut Pest Management Professionals Bed Bugs Service ... - March 7th, 2016
- Bed Bug Treatment - Danbury Bed Bug Treatment Inspection ... - March 7th, 2016
- Connecticut Bed Bugs Control | Bed Bugs Fox Pest Control - March 7th, 2016
- Native Indian Remedy to Get Rid of Bed Bugs | eHow - October 13th, 2015
- Bed Bugs Pest Control & Exterminator Service In NYC, New ... - September 22nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Control - New England, MA, CT, RI, ME, NH, VT - August 15th, 2015
- BedBug Chasers for CT Bed Bug Heat Treatments Stamford ... - March 24th, 2015
- Detect bed bugs through visual inspection with the help of ... - November 28th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Found in Chair at Fairfield Public Library ... - November 24th, 2014
- KCK assisted living facility battling bed bugs - WFSB 3 ... - November 20th, 2014
- Information About Bed Bugs | CTLawHelp.org Connecticut ... - October 2nd, 2014
- LATEST NEWS - September 29th, 2014
- Three Tell Tale Signs of a Bed Bug Problem | Sterns Chatter - July 10th, 2014
- Bed Bug Control | Hartford, Waterbury, New Haven CT - June 29th, 2014
- connecticut Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com Page 2 - May 8th, 2014
- Bed Bug Experts in CT and NY | Bed Bug Pest Control | Bed ... - January 24th, 2014
- Tonight at 11: Toddler falls 17 stories, dies; Bed bugs at ... - January 16th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Treatment CT | Bliss Pest Control of Connecticut - January 16th, 2014
- At ESUMS, Holocuast Survivor Delivers Hope - January 8th, 2014
- bed bug prep services | bed bug concierge | bed bug clean up ... - December 31st, 2013
- Bed Bug Information From The Pest Control Pros In RI, MA And CT - December 16th, 2013
- Detect Dog - Bed Bug Detection Service - Bed Bug Dog ... - December 16th, 2013
- Bed Bug Reports Hilton Stamford Executive Meeting Center ... - December 12th, 2013
- Bed Bug Information & Training - Bedbugs Pest Control in CT ... - December 9th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Connecticut - December 2nd, 2013
- Ministers worried about apartments - September 30th, 2012
- Buster the Beagle Gets the Bed Bugs Out - June 28th, 2012
- Family Fun: Bird Walks, 'Bugs World' And Open Cockpit Day - March 14th, 2012
- Connecticut Lawmakers' Bill Mandates Expensive Bed Bug Treatment, BedBugControl911.com Offers Less Costly Solution - March 13th, 2012
- Rep. Miller opposes 'bed bug' bill - February 23rd, 2012
- Bugs at North Mianus school weren't bedbugs - February 19th, 2012
- More bedbugs discovered at North Mianus - February 1st, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs LIVE at Hopson Plantation Sick And Tired - Video - January 10th, 2012
- CTPest BedBug Episode.wmv - Video - December 2nd, 2011
- Bed Bugs Heat Treatment - Video - November 30th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 21 - Video - October 18th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 20 - Video - October 15th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 19 - Video - October 15th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 18 - Video - October 15th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 12 - October 7th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 7 - October 6th, 2011
- Dana K9 Bedbug Seminar Part 14 - October 5th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.