Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
When the average person hears the words bug and Alaska in the same sentence, they are sent into some sort of frenzy; absentmindedly swatting at the air, and talking about football sized mosquitoes waiting patiently at the door of your tent like a blood sucking hover craft. Luckily, Im here to tell you that the mosquitoes in Alaska may be alittle larger than life but they arent all that bad, nor are they the only bugs that will completely and totally creep you out. Beware scrolling through this list, your skin will start crawling (heaven knows mine did as I wrote this) and I guarantee youll check your sheets before going to bed tonight.
This spider only gets creepier as it gets older. You see that sticky looking hair it's covered in? That actually collects dust and lint as it ages, making it look more and more like this giant, evil fluffy thing that bites like no other. Only it doesn't bite, no, it stabs you with its beak! The beak is meant to kill other insects by repeatedly stabbing them to death. Possibly the worst thing about the Masked Hunter is that its main prey is the bed bug. That means if your bed has bed bugs, it probably also has some of these Masked Hunters creeping around too.
Let's cool things down a bit, after learning about that horrific Masked Hunter it may be nice to know that there is this thing called a non-venomous spider and one of them is the Feather-Legged Spider.
I was always under the impression that a stink bug only stinks when you step on it, but in reality the stink bug can emit it's stinky stink pretty much any time it wants! So don't piss this little guy off, he's got a big smell about him and I promise you wont like it. The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug is mostly a pest to fruit plants and trees so you don't need to worry about it crawling in bed with you. The funny thing about this bug is it was accidentally imported from Asia and now it can be found all over North America, even Alaska!
The Black and Yellow Mud Dauber is actually a wasp, but it's much more laid back than other wasps out there so don't fret, this guy isn't as scary as he looks. Check him out, he wont be interested in stinging a person unless they really mess with him.
The Assassin Bug is in the same family of insects as the Masked Hunter. It too has a beak that's used to aggressively stab it's prey to death and suck the life juices out of it. The bug is also well known for inflicting painful bites on humans so if you ever see one, step away!
This bug should come with a hovering DO NOT TOUCH sign because it has a seriously painful and dangerous sting. The Cow Killer may look like an ant but it is simply a really hairy wasp with a sting strong enough to tip a cow. That's right, this tiny little bug can kill cattle! Imagine what it's bite would do to you.
Legs, legs, everywhere! This bug has 15 pairs, that's 5... 7... plus 13... carry the 2, 30 legs on this sucker!!! I'm pretty sure in the bug world, the more legs you have the creepier you are. Luckily, the House Centipede is a friendly little guy who's tasked with the removal of other, more frightening pests from your home. Be thankful to these really scary looking buggers.
The Himmelman's Plume Moth isn't a bug to worry about but it can be intimidating if you catch it flying straight toward your forehead. These guys can either look like a mosquito or just a dead piece of leaf on the ground when not in flight. Either way, they wont hurt you. Sheesh, it's just a moth, calm down!
A flash of light from the ground, you jump, you squeal, you run! The Metallic Crab Spider has won again. These spiders are members of the Running Crab Spider clan but don't worry they can't catch up with you. They just use their super fast speed to catch other bugs, not your ankles!
A scary name for a seriously scary bug. The Wolf Spider is feared pretty much anywhere it can be found. They are like a hairy, big, black tarantula. Only maybe not so big... just equally as scary. Don't worry, even they hang out in houses they really only come out at night, so just keep your bedroom door shut tight... unless you're too late and they are patiently waiting behind your dresser or night stand.
Which of these bugs bugged you the most? Let me know in the comments.
Read the rest here:
These 10 Bugs Found In Alaska Will Send Shivers Down Your ...
- Bed bugs are calling Alaska home at increasing rates ... - March 4th, 2020
- Bed Bugs Alaska (4) - My Union Home - March 15th, 2019
- Bed Bug Traps & Bed Bug Monitors - DoMyOwn.com - March 13th, 2019
- The Best Bed Bug Exterminators in Anchorage, AK 2019 - February 25th, 2019
- Bed Bug News Reports BedBugs in Alaska? Yes, and its ... - August 20th, 2018
- JT Eaton KILLS Insect Killer Spray 1 gal. For Bed Bugs ... - May 17th, 2018
- Bed Bugs | Morgellons - A Mundane Approach - February 21st, 2018
- To get rid of any bed bugs - Express.co.uk - January 28th, 2018
- How to Prevent & Avoid Bed bugs - Bed bug Prevention Steps - November 20th, 2017
- Heat Treatment For Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Heaters & Equipment ... - November 9th, 2017
- LSNJLAW - Bed Bugs: Your Rights as a Tenant - August 27th, 2017
- State's cruise ship monitoring program shielded from budget cuts by tourists - Alaska Public Radio Network - July 27th, 2017
- Bedbug Infestation - What Causes Bed Bugs - orkin.com - July 1st, 2017
- Bed bugs getting the heat treatment at downtown building - KTOO - June 23rd, 2017
- Imposing tax for online travel transactions: What's the law say? - eTurboNews - February 23rd, 2017
- UMaine scientist Eric Venturini encourages growth of life-sustaining ... - Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel - February 6th, 2017
- Bedbugs in Pillows - Signs of Bed Bugs - Orkin.com - January 27th, 2017
- Welcome to Colorado Tri-Flo, we kill bed bugs - January 27th, 2017
- Hotels With Bed Bugs in Anchorage, Alaska with Reviews ... - July 22nd, 2016
- Bed bugs - Alaska Backpackers Inn - TripAdvisor - May 11th, 2016
- Organic bed bug control (bugs forum at permies) - March 21st, 2016
- Bed bugs - Review of Alaska Backpackers Inn, Anchorage, AK ... - March 7th, 2016
- Officials: Bed bug infestations on the rise in Alaska ... - October 31st, 2015
- how to kill bed bugs - February 6th, 2015
- Bed bugs could hypothetically spread tropical Chagas ... - November 20th, 2014
- Anchorage AK Dermatologist Doctors Bed Bugs Bites ... - May 20th, 2014
- Anchorage AK Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs: Pictures ... - May 6th, 2014
- Bed bugs calling Alaska home at increasing rates - March 24th, 2014
- Bedbugs are calling Alaska home at increasing rates ... - March 24th, 2014
- Complaints of bedbugs increase in Alaska - March 19th, 2014
- Alaska's Bed Bug Problem Grows | Local News - KTUU.com ... - February 7th, 2014
- Desperate Renters Face Bugs, Damage - February 1st, 2014
- City Says Low-Income Housing Upkeep Issues Difficult To Address - February 1st, 2014
- Anchorage AK Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs Bites, Signs ... - January 27th, 2014
- Reports of Bed Bugs in Anchorage Hotels - Anchorage ... - January 27th, 2014
- Reports of Bed Bugs in Anchorage Hotels - Anchorage, Alaska ... - January 10th, 2014
- Anchorage AK Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs Bites, Signs, in ... - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bug Page for Pied Piper Pest Control of Alaska. | Pied ... - November 17th, 2013
- Bed Bug Page for Pied Piper Pest Control of Alaska. | Pied Piper ... - November 9th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Alabama - World, Pest Control Exterminator Maps – Bed ... - November 3rd, 2013
- National Bed Bug Registry Database and Maps - November 3rd, 2013
- Bedbug.com bed bug mattress covers, sleep safe box spring ... - November 3rd, 2013
- CDC - EHS - Topics - Bed Bugs - Centers for Disease Control and ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Leaves Anchorage Family Homeless - September 9th, 2011
- Bed Bug Commercial for Alaska's Pest Control Experts, PARATEX Pied Piper Pest Control - August 17th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.