This place was very old and very dirty, but there are many other reviews online that talk about that particular issue, so I'll focus on something else.
On my recent stay, I got 8-10 bug bites from this place. Since I am not an expert/doctor I cannot tell whether they are bedbug bites or not, But this bug bites, whatever they are, left big deep red marks on my legs, and definitely not mosquito bites.
When i notified of the owner that they might have bedbugs, I thought I was doing them a favor, and I thought they'd thank me and take some precautionary measures. Instead, the owner became furious and started shouting at me that I was lying. It was unbelievable.
To my disbelief, the owner then showed how low a person could really become by refusing to give back my bag and told me she would not give back my bag unless I write them a letter saying I can't find a bedbug in the room. (worthy of World's Worst 100 Vacation Nightmares)
Now, how was I supposed to find tiny bugs with naked eyes, in a carpeted room with much upholstery? There is a reason that people use specially trained dogs for that purpose.
Bed bugs or any other bug bites don't necessarily mean that the place is horrible or sub-standard. They can happen anywhere. E.g. Waldorf Astoria is being sued for bedbugs. They travel with travelers and there isn't much you can do when a guest brings a bedbug/other pests with him to your motel/hotel/inn, etc.
However, if the owner starts shouting at you and demand that you find her a proof of bed bugs when a guest notifies her a potential issue, in my opinion, that is a lot worse than really having bedbugs.
If you are considering this place because of its low price, do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.
Also, it appears they make beds but don't provide clean bedding between consecutive nights. it's either that or they did a horrible job in cleaning.
View original post here:
i got bug bites - Review of Sherwood Motel, Charlottetown ...
- Bed bugs strike P.E.I. | CBC News - February 15th, 2020
- Musty With Bed Bugs - Review of Ambrose Tourist Home ... - March 6th, 2019
- Freezing Bed Bugs: Does the Cold Kill Them? - January 7th, 2018
- Prince Edward Island, Canada Bed Bug Registry Map Bed ... - December 23rd, 2017
- Bed Bugs in Hotels - orkincanada.ca - February 15th, 2017
- Can Bed Bugs Jump? - Orkin PCO Services - January 24th, 2017
- Bed Bug Report for 3075 Prince Edward St, Vancouver, BC - April 11th, 2015
- NEW Mainstays Bed Bug Allergy Mattress Encasement- DOUBLE ... - April 2nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Facts: Where Do Bed Bugs Come From? Orkin ... - March 25th, 2015
- Saskatchewan, Canada Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - January 27th, 2015
- Coming in 2015: The First Bed Bug Trap Toronto ... - January 2nd, 2015
- Scientists developing first bed bug trap Toronto ... - December 30th, 2014
- Just Bugs | GTA, Vaughan, Richmond Hill Bed Bug Pest Control - December 20th, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites – Orkin PCO Services – Exterminator & Pest … - December 9th, 2013
- Bed Bug Facts: Where Do Bed Bugs Come From? - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bug Control Products - Pest Control Canada - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Prince Edward Island Forum - TripAdvisor - November 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - Exterminator & Pest ... - November 19th, 2013
- What Do Bed Bugs Look Like? Bed Bug Identification - November 9th, 2013
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - Exterminator & Pest Control ... - November 3rd, 2013