Did you know that mosquitos, ticks, and termites pose the most significant threat to people in the United States? All pests can be annoying, but some can cause health issues as they carry diseases. If you have failed to get your pest problem under control, you need to consider some helpful methods.
Read on to learn about the top ten ways of handling annoying pests.
One of the first things you can do to avoid pests getting into your home is sealing up any openings, especially cracks. You may be unaware of cracks in your home, so check out your windows, screens, and doors.
Any cracks or holes should be caulked up or repaired. Weatherproofing your door is a pest control tip to get rid of annoying pests and keep out drafts. Even the smallest of openings should be taken care of as this is a portal for insects to get in.
If you have a pest problem, it could be due to a dirty kitchen. If you often splurge with a late-night snack, chances are, bugs are doing the same.
Pests enjoy many types of food like dried pasta, flour, cereal, baking mixes, nuts, dried fruit, and spices. Specific pests like ants will go for the sweeter things.
Because bugs can get into things that are not stored well, you need to patch up openingsasyou did with your doors and windows. Tightly sealed containers are the way to go when it comes to food storage.
Rodents and cockroaches, among other insects, enjoy a dirty floor and counter because they often have food crumbs. If you store your pets food in the kitchen, be sure to wrap that up too.
If you find yourself still having issues in the kitchen after a good cleanup, you can hire a pest control service who has more wisdom to provide at this link https://affinitypestcontrol.com/2020/04/10/the-ultimate-guide-to-eagle-pest-control/.
Before looking up pest control near me, try drying out damp areas in your home. Pests seek water as they seek food. In fact, some pests prefer living in damp areas.
To ensure wet areas are not an issue for you, fix any leaks you may have from pipes, faucets, or drains. You should also make sure machines like the washer and air conditioner are working correctly.
If you have an attic, check to make sure it is dry. If you own a basement, these areas are normally damp so you should run a dehumidifier in it.
If you are not already cleaning enough, it could result in a pest problem. Always ensuring you are sweeping in places where crumbs can accumulate.
Your cleaning routine should also include emptying the trash, vacuuming weekly, and cleaning out the drains. You should also avoid having stacks of boxes, newspapers, and magazines that cockroaches enjoy hanging out in.
The inside is just as important as the outside when you are worried about rodents, cockroaches, or other pests. Bugs can hide in firewood or compost bins that may get taken inside. If you bring these items into your home, check them for bugs first.
Killing bugs may not be in your wheelhouse, but this is an important step if you dont want to have a huge pest problem. Some products can help you with this including baits and aerosols. Some products have become safer for kids and pets by using essential oils in their products.
Dust mites can cause a pest problem without you knowing it. Because they are too small to be seen with the naked eye, no one sees them around.
These pests love skin flakes and warm places so your bed is where they prefer to be. This is why washing your coversoften is essential. Although they dont bite, they can cause allergies, and no one wants to sleep with bugs.
Adding a few teaspoons of eucalyptus oil with your laundry detergent will clean those dust mites right off. You can also substitute this oil for tea tree oil if you dislike the smell.
There are home remedies you can try if you prefer not to use store-bought products. Cockroaches especially can be eliminated with easy home remedies.
Chopping one onion and adding it to a teaspoon of baking soda can eliminate these annoying pests. Use this mixture to cover the corners of your home. You canuse this mixture every day.
If flies are one of those pests you cant seem to get rid of even with all of the cleanings in the world, you can resort to creating a fly trap. This simple method involves filling a jar with an inch of apple cider vinegar and drops of dish soap.
Cover the jar with plastic and tape it shut. Then, poke holes in the top of the plastic wrap. The jar should be placed in the problem area where it can attract the flies and trap them.
This one may sound a little odd, but using your hairdryer when you are having bed bug issues actually works. Bed bugs can be one of the more difficult pests to get rid of. Most people resort to throwing out their furniture.
However, bedbugs and the eggs they make die off when exposed to high temperatures. Your hairdryer can be a useful tool or you can opt for steam clean.
Its time to get rid of those unwanted pests that roam your home. These methods of handling a pest problem should be implemented at the first sign of an issue. If your problem is too major, you need to consider hiring pest control services.
Keep coming back for more articles that can help you with your home issues.
- 18 Natural Home Remedies For Bed Bugs Bites - July 8th, 2022
- 6 Symptoms / Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation - News Anyway - May 24th, 2022
- Bed Bug Bites: Symptoms and Treatments - Healthline - December 22nd, 2021
- 9 Natural Bed Bug Repellent Remedies | Terminix - October 27th, 2021
- How Long do Bed Bug Bites Last, Take to Appear, Go Away ... - October 27th, 2021
- 5 Things Hospitality Industry Needs to Know About the Bed Bug Threat - August 22nd, 2021
- How to identify and treat bed bug bites - Insider - INSIDER - June 30th, 2020
- How to get rid of bed bugs fast and 3 signs you have an infestation - Insider - INSIDER - June 27th, 2020
- A Coast-to-Coast Tour Lands One Entomologist on the Home Team - Entomology Today - March 12th, 2020
- Survey Reveals Men More Likely Than Women To Be Very Scared Of Bugs - Study Finds - March 2nd, 2020
- 5 Worst House Pests and How To Eliminate Them - theseeker.ca - March 2nd, 2020
- Rospotrebnadzor warned about this new type of threat of bed bugs - The Times Hub - February 2nd, 2020
- RealtimeCampaign.com Asks Does Home Insurance Cover Bed Bugs? Uncovering the Truth behind These Insects and Invasion Solutions - MENAFN.COM - December 13th, 2019
- What Causes Itching? - Scientific Reasons Behind Why We Itch - Prevention.com - October 12th, 2019
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs | Reader's Digest - May 4th, 2019
- Bedbug Organic Cures Natural Homeopathic - Orkin.com - March 7th, 2019
- What Are the Best Bed Bug Home Remedies and ... - pestkill.org - February 28th, 2019
- Busting Old Wives Tales: DIY Bed Bug Home Remedies ... - January 25th, 2019
- How To Treat Bed Bug Bite Scars And Marks 20 Proven Remedies - April 11th, 2018
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites - Rapid Home Remedies - March 19th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs - FightBugs.com - March 2nd, 2018
- get rid of bed bug sites - Authority Remedies - January 31st, 2018
- Aurora Pest Control Pros Expand Their Service Area - Digital Journal - June 20th, 2017
- Bug Bites that Blister: Best Remedies for Mosquito, Spider ... - June 9th, 2017
- Bed Bug Remedies Heat treatment for Bed bugs - June 21st, 2016
- Bed Bugs - Myths & Facts - New York City - June 21st, 2016
- Home Remedies For Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Remedies for Bed Bugs - Old Home Remedies Guide - June 21st, 2016
- Bed Bug Remedies - Tallman Scientific - October 5th, 2015
- Herbal Health Care: Bed Bug Repellents - September 25th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment | Clark Pest Control - September 7th, 2015
- Bed Bug Pictures, Symptoms and Treatment | Preventing ... - July 3rd, 2015
- Bed Bug Barrier, Screw-In Style, Each - July 2nd, 2015
- Bed Bug Exterminator in NYC | BedBug911 - Get Rid of Bed Bugs - June 19th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bites - Pictures, Treatment & Prevention ... - June 9th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home | Bed Bug ... - June 1st, 2015
- 24/7 Bed Bug Exterminator NYC | Treatment & Inspections - May 31st, 2015
- Natural Bed Bug Remedies - Don't Mess with Mama - March 26th, 2015
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment - Buzzle - December 25th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Treatment | Get Rid of Bed Bugs - PestBusters ... - December 13th, 2014
- Bed Bug Bites: Bed Bug Treatment, Bed Bug Bites Symptoms ... - November 16th, 2014
- Specialist Bed Bugs Treatment company operating in London ... - October 27th, 2014
- CDC - Bed Bugs - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Bite Treatment | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - August 23rd, 2014
- Bed Bug Extermination Remedies - Earth Clinic - May 8th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment Do It Yourself Safe Pest Control - May 6th, 2014
- Bed Bug Infestation - WebMD - Better information. Better ... - March 13th, 2014
- How To Kill Bed Bugs | 888-660-4464 This Is How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs - Video - February 17th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Infest New Bredfor Bank - February 13th, 2014
- Cobrazol Research Study Scientific Poster Wins Award at Scripps 11th Annual Natural Supplements Conference - February 11th, 2014
- How to Kill Bed Bugs With Home Remedies | eHow - January 11th, 2014
- Bed Bug Treatment | Freezing Bed Bugs | Bed Bug Heat Treatment - January 1st, 2014
- Home Remedies for Bed Bugs: Will Anything Work? - December 31st, 2013
- Bedbugs: Treatments and drugs - MayoClinic.com - Mayo Clinic - December 16th, 2013
- BedBugs.org - The Web's #1 Bed Bug Resource - December 6th, 2013
- Bed Bug Repellants and Natural Cures - EarthClinic.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Remedy | eHow - eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More ... - November 27th, 2013
- 6 Tips For The Treatment of Bed Bugs | Treatmentforbedbugs.com - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bug Treatment Steps: - November 24th, 2013
- Bed Bugs: How to Get Rid of Bedbugs – Orkin.com - November 10th, 2013
- Identifying Bed Bug Infestations - Bed Bugs | Pesticides | US EPA - November 10th, 2013
- bed bug news, information, activism, and support — Got bed bugs ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Bites, Signs, in Hotels, Treatment, Symptoms - MedicineNet - November 3rd, 2013
- Treatment of Bed Bugs In Six Simple Steps - November 3rd, 2013
- OKC Apartment Complex Charges Residents To Exterminate Bed Bugs - October 3rd, 2012
- New research shows bed bugs are not disease spreaders - July 1st, 2012
- Study of the Day: Over-the-Counter Bedbug Remedies Are Worthless - June 18th, 2012
- bed bug control bedbug infestation treatment preparation kill egg bite feeding eat party song - Video - January 24th, 2012
- Bed Bug Dog: A New Application of a Proven Technology - Video - December 26th, 2011
- bed bug bite treatment - Video - December 20th, 2011
- Bed Bug Remedy - Video - December 19th, 2011
- Bed bugs treatment and how to get rid of bed bugs. - Video - December 16th, 2011
- What Does a Bed Bug Bite Look Like? And How Do I Know if I've Been Bitten by One? - Video - December 2nd, 2011
- Bed Bug Detection and Removal: JT Eaton Kills Bed Bugs (Green) - Video - November 1st, 2011
- How the Dead Bed Bugs Treatment System Works - Video - October 18th, 2011
- Bed Bug Treatment of Just the Mattress and Bed - Video - October 17th, 2011
- Yungztuh - Listen to your heart (Short) - October 11th, 2011
- How To Stop Bedbugs - October 11th, 2011
- BEDBUGs - October 8th, 2011
- About Bed Bugs - October 5th, 2011