Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Bed Bug Attorney Missouri St. Louis Kansas City Springfield Columbia Jefferson City
Bed bugs have become a problem across the whole state of Missouri. The recent influx of travelers crossing Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Jefferson City, and Columbia has increased the risk of bed bugs being transported into various dwellings. Hotels and motels have to pay even greater attention to the cleanliness of their rooms, and visitors should take extra care to inspect the surrounding areas near their sleeping quarters. Victims who have suffered bed bug bites or other damages due to the pests are eligible for monetary compensation for their troubles. If youre in need of a bed bug lawyer in Missouri and require more information on how to file a claim dealing with damages sustained from bed bugs, read further.
Bed Bugs Not FleasIt is important to note what bed bugs are and how they differ from fleas. Bed bugs are small pests, about 1.5mm to 5mm long, flat-bodied, and can only crawl from place to place. Fleas, on the other hand, can only reach up to about 3mm in size and are thicker and more oval shaped; additionally, they can jump a foot at a time, and generally hide on hairy or furry creatures like cats and dogs or in their vicinity, as near kennels and pet beds.
Bed bugs are nocturnal creatures that feast singularly on blood. Theyre reddish-brown in color but swell and darken after theyve had a meal. Their bites are initially painless, as their saliva has an anesthetic substance in it that prevents you from feeling anything; additionally, the saliva contains an anticoagulant that stops your blood from clotting as quickly, allowing them to drink for as long as they like.
How to Find Bed BugsBed bugs can often be found nesting near their victims, generally in cracks, crevices, nooks, or crannies that keep them hidden from view. They are found in the seams of mattresses, the undersides of headboards, behind picture frames, in the small gaps between outlet covers and the wall, and in corners where the rug meets the wall.
In order to detect bed bugs, you should be on the hunt for a few telltale signs of the pest. Before doing any sleeping or resting in an unfamiliar hotel or motel room or apartment building, inspect all the areas near the bed and search for bed bugs. If you do not find the bugs themselves, be on the lookout for spots of brown and black stains or mounds; these spots or mounds are feces left behind after a meal. Bed bug eggs are creamy white and also located in or very close to the nest. Lastly, molted skins are left behind by juvenile bed bugs that are maturing.
If you are unable to locate any bed bugs, you may still be subjected to the pests, as effects of their bites usually do not show up for a few days. While a mosquito or flea bite can show up within the hour, bed bugs bites can take up to a week to become visible. If you are staying at the same location, be sure to be thorough in your examination, and immediately call for support.
Stopping Bed BugsRemoving an infestation of bed bugs takes some time and money. Pest control can usually remove the infestation within a few days, but some furniture and other materials may have to be thrown out, as it is too risky to keep adult bed bugs can survive up to a year without a meal, and may be able to bide their time until they can find your warm body at night to continue feasting. Hotels and motels may not want to spend the extra funds to remove the pests.
Filing a Claim in the Wake of a Bed Bug IncidentIf you have stayed at a location that was infested with bed bugs and you were affected by them, you are able to file a claim to seek restitution for the damages. Whether at a hotel, Airbnb, hostel, or apartment complex, you can issue a lawsuit against the owners. Before doing so, however, make sure that you have amply documented the infestation, including any nests or skins that you have found, and filed an incident report with the quarters.
Since the bites do not show for some days, many people can misattribute the cause of the injury or else not be bothered to pursue legal action or, just as commonly, believe that the claim must be filed immediately in order for it to be valid. In the state of Missouri, you have up to 5 years to file a personal injury claim against a party. This is useful information and a worthwhile law, as there are cases when the effects of a bed bug infestation are delayed a number of weeks and have lasting damages on your life.
Expected Compensation for Damages and SufferingVictims of bed bug infestations suffer in numerous ways, including physical discomfort from the bites, loss of personal property, and loss of wages ensuing from any measures that must be taken to eliminate any pests that may have entered the home. Victims may also be subjected to hospitalization in case of allergic reactions or suffer from bed bug bites that have opened and become infected. In all of these cases, the parties at fault should be expected to be responsible for replacing personal property, paying for extermination and fumigation, covering any hospital bills or medical treatments, and alleviating some of the pain and suffering that could have arisen from the entire ordeal. Enduring a bed bug infestation can lead to emotional and psychological distress and impact your life as it continues; for instance, the troubles may now prevent you from being mentally able to travel or stay in unfamiliar places.
A Missouri Bed Bug Lawyer for YouIn addition to not pursuing a lawsuit against a party because they feel the statute of limitations has passed, people are also wary of the perceived costs of legal representation. Our law firm believes that no person should be dissuaded from pursuing justice and monetary compensation for a personal injury due to funds. We therefore offer a zero fee guarantee: we do not get paid unless you do. That is, our goal is to win your case and bring you the restitution you deserve, but if we are not able to do so, you will not owe us any money for our services. We are committed to helping you and cleaning up the state of Missouri from the quickly spreading scourge of bed bugs.
If you have any questions about a potential case against a hotel, motel, landlord, or other company that subjected you to bedbugs, we encourage you to contact us today for a free consultation. A legal consultation with a Missouri bed bug attorney will help you plan the way forward, and one of our lawyers will give you the information you need to know in order to sue a hotel or motel for bed bugs.
The cost of an attorney is less than the cost of replacing all your furniture and paying for extermination fees and medical treatment. The responsible parties should be covering that not you. Contact us today to learn more about a personal injury lawsuit and the process of receiving your dues.
Follow this link:
Bed Bug Lawyer Missouri St. Louis Kansas City Springfield
- Bed Bugs Bite Missouri Landlord: Court Orders Return of ... - November 6th, 2018
- Bed Bugs | Health & Senior Services - November 1st, 2018
- Bed Bug Inspection - Mid-Missouri Services | Steve's Pest ... - April 8th, 2018
- How Do I Know if the Bed Bugs are Gone? - YouTube - November 23rd, 2017
- Missouri, United States Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - November 22nd, 2017
- United States, Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug Infestation ... - November 7th, 2017
- Residence Life explains relocation protocol - Standard Online - August 22nd, 2017
- Sneak Peek your July 13 Leader - Leader Publications - July 12th, 2017
- Kirksville officials debate administrative search warrants - Kirksville Daily Express and Daily News - June 20th, 2017
- Earth City hotel guests complain of bed bug infestation | FOX2now ... - fox2now.com - June 8th, 2017
- Not Recluse - PCT Magazine - June 5th, 2017
- Bed Bugs | Springfield, MO - Official Website - March 2nd, 2017
- Cavs 132, Pacers 117; Jason Lloyd's 25 thoughts on Korver's role, resting stars and defense - Akron Beacon Journal (blog) - February 9th, 2017
- Why waking up in the night is natural - The Missouri Injury Blog (blog) - February 9th, 2017
- Senate Bill 846 - Missouri Apartment Association - February 3rd, 2017
- Bed Bugs In Missouri | St Louis Bed Bug Control And ... - April 12th, 2016
- Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In St. Louis And Mid-Missouri With Rottler - April 11th, 2016
- Killing bed bugs with a hairdryer, and other bad ideas - March 24th, 2016
- What Do Bed Bugs Look Like? | Live Examples of What Bed ... - November 2nd, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Yourself | Quick Tips for ... - October 19th, 2015
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs in 4 Easy Steps - YouTube - October 13th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatments, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska - September 20th, 2015
- Bed Bugs | Blue Chip Pest Control - August 11th, 2015
- Bed Bugs in Missouri & Bedbug Pest Control Information - February 17th, 2015
- Common Bed Bug (Human Bedbug) | Missouri Department of ... - February 15th, 2015
- Products for Peaceful Operations: The "Missouri Method" of ... - November 26th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Biting in Missouri | KOMU.com | Columbia, MO | - November 14th, 2014
- Bed Bugs Are Biting - June 15th, 2014
- Missouri Bed Bugs Control | Free Estimates | Bed Bugs Pest ... - May 6th, 2014
- Kansas City MO Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs: Pictures ... - April 18th, 2014
- Missouri Bed Bugs Biting in Salvation Army, My Cleaning ... - March 23rd, 2014
- Missouri Got bed bugs? Bedbugger.com - bed bug news ... - February 6th, 2014
- News | Bedbugs are biting again | University of Missouri ... - February 2nd, 2014
- Kansas City MO Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs Bites ... - February 1st, 2014
- Health center holding bed bug seminar - February 1st, 2014
- News | Bedbugs are biting again | University of Missouri Extension - December 26th, 2013
- Kansas City MO Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs Bites, Signs ... - November 27th, 2013
- Reports of Bed Bugs in Branson Hotels - Branson, Missouri ... - November 25th, 2013
- Bed Bugs In Missouri | Saint Louis Bed Bug Control And ... - November 18th, 2013
- What Do Bed Bugs Look Like? | eHow - eHow | How to Videos ... - November 9th, 2013
- Bed Bug, Bed Bugs, Heat Treatment, Thermal Remediation, Bed Bug ... - November 9th, 2013
- News | MU Extension video offers tips on bedbug defense ... - November 8th, 2013
- Bed Bug Heat Treatments For St. Louis, Columbia And Mid Missouri - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs In Missouri | Saint Louis Bed Bug Control And Exterminating - November 3rd, 2013
- A new way to sniff out bed bugs - March 23rd, 2012
- Bed Bug Movie - Do I have bed bugs? - Video - February 11th, 2012
- Pest-Control-Aardvark.mov - Video - January 16th, 2012
- Bed bug - pest control, Springfield, MO.3gp - Video - December 9th, 2011
- Mick's Exterminating - How to Check for Bed Bugs - Video - November 24th, 2011
- Bug Zero- Bed Bug Heat Unit - Video - November 11th, 2011
- Bed Bug Treatment - Video - November 8th, 2011
- Bed Bugs doing the dance of death during a Heat Treatment in Springfield, MO - October 4th, 2011
- Nacht Der Untoten w/ Donuts and Roadkill Part 1 - September 21st, 2011
- Pear Tree Inn by Drury - September 13th, 2011
- SOS Pest Control Bed Bugs - September 11th, 2011
- The Return of the Bedbugs - September 8th, 2011
- Bed Bugs Best Western 55 South Saint Louis - September 8th, 2011
- Bed Bugs [Trailer] - Spontaneous Entertainment - September 5th, 2011
- How To Look For Signs Of Bed Bugs In Hotels - August 19th, 2011
- Bed Bugs - Steve's Pest Control - August 17th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.