Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Personal Injury Lawyer Assisting Clients Harmed by Bed Bugs in Mississippi
When you pay to stay in a hotel or rent an apartment in Mississippi, you expect the space to be free of bed bugs. You assume that you will not suffer harm because of a bed bug infestation. However, bed bugs are more common that most of us would like to think. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) reports that 99.6 percent of pest control experts have responded to at least one bed bug infestation. The majority of those infestations occur in apartment buildings, homes, and hotels or motels. Bed bugs can survive in Mississippi year-round. Still, a higher percentage of cases occur during the summer months.
You may notice sustained significant bed bug injuries after a recent hotel visit. Or, you may notice an infestation in your apartment that causes injury. If so, you should discuss your options for filing a claim with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) notes that bed bugs cause swelling, inflammation, and rashes. However, individual sensitivity to bed bug bites varies from person to person. These insects often bite all over a persons arms, legs, buttocks, back and any other areas of exposed skin. As such, bed bug bite victims can scratch at the bites, leading to serious infections. Bed bugs are nocturnal. This means they are most active at night. Bed bugs survive solely by feasting on the blood of humans or animals. If you do think you have a bed bug bite, take steps to preserve evidence for your personal injury case:
Take photographs and videos:You should immediately take photographs and videos of your bites. Document any evidence of bed bugs you may find in the location where you were bitten. In addition, you should use your cell phone or camera to photograph and video the bed bugs (dead or alive). Bed bug larvae can appear milky or clear in color, while adult bed bugs will often appear reddish brown. Bed bugs are small, and can sometimes be difficult to detect. If an area is infested, you can typically find bed bugs in mattress seams and crevices, bedding, pillow-cases, and furniture creases and crevices.
Report the incident to the property owner or property manager: If you are staying at a hotel or motel, immediately tell the hotel manager. Request an incident report for your records. If you are staying at a rental apartment, notify your landlord immediately. Then, follow-up with a report in writing to the person you are renting from.
Seek medical attention: If you are able to do so, visit an emergency department or doctors office to have your bed bug injuries diagnosed and treated the same day you discover bed bug bites. By visiting a healthcare provider as soon as possible, you will have medical records that help to date your bed bug injuries to your stay at the hotel or apartment with the infestation.
The statute of limitations in personal injury cases specifies the amount of time a person has from the date of her injuries to file a lawsuit. Under Mississippi law (Miss. Code Section 15-1-49(1)), plaintiffs in a bed bug injury case typically have three years from the date of the bed bug bites to file a claim. Failure to initiate a lawsuit within the statute of limitations can prevent you from filing a personal injury claim. IT IS IMPORTANT TO CONTACT A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS.
As soon as you have documented your bites and received medical attention for your bed bug injuries, reach out to a bed bug injury lawyer in Mississippi to learn more about filing a claim for compensation. The property owner or manager of the premises where the bed bug injuries occurred may be liable. Contact the Harris Law Firm, PLLC to discuss your options.
Originally posted here:
Mississippi Bed Bug Lawyer - Harris Law Firm
- Health officials warn against the use of Ivermectin to treat COVID - WWLTV.com - August 30th, 2021
- Mississippi Bed Bug Hotel and Apartment Reports ... - January 17th, 2020
- Biloxi MS Bed bug Hotel and Apartment Reports - January 17th, 2020
- Bed Bug Control | Heat Treatments | Corbett Exterminating - January 17th, 2020
- Synergy is Proud to Announce They Are Jackson Mississippi's Top-Rated Local Pest Control Companies Award Winner - MENAFN.COM - November 28th, 2019
- Mississippi, United States Bed Bug Registry Map - October 9th, 2018
- What Do Bug Bites Look Like Near Me Mississippi State MS 39762 - October 3rd, 2018
- Follow these 12 tips for better sleep - Meridian Star - July 22nd, 2017
- [Bed Bug Supplement] How Bed Bug Bite Reactions Differ ... - June 11th, 2017
- Bed bug infestation at Jackson 911 dispatch center - WJTV - June 5th, 2017
- Crowded houses: Program seeks to aid homeless forced to live with family, friends - Chicago Tribune - June 5th, 2017
- Won Fun plays with Chinese food - Chicago Reader - February 6th, 2017
- Bed Bugs at Days Inn - Bad Bed Bugs - March 7th, 2016
- BED BUGS!!! - Review of Magnuson Hotel Hattiesburg ... - February 24th, 2015
- Bed Bugs Remedy | eHow - eHow | How to - Discover the ... - February 6th, 2015
- Surveys | Bed Bugs - December 1st, 2014
- Thermination Technology Presents Bed Bug Solution in ... - November 28th, 2014
- KCK assisted living facility battling bed bugs - WLOX.com ... - November 20th, 2014
- Bed Bug Madness: The Psychological Toll of the Blood Suckers - October 16th, 2014
- Motel 6 bed bugs bite child - May 6th, 2014
- Southern insect scientists meeting in Greenville, S.C. - February 25th, 2014
- Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius L.) in Mississippi: Survey of ... - February 1st, 2014
- Study: Bed bug cases on the rise in Arkansas | News | Jackson ... - December 20th, 2013
- Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) and clinical consequences of ... - December 12th, 2013
- Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius L.) in Mississippi: Survey of the ... - December 12th, 2013
- Bed Bug Registry Database Mississippi, Usa, National Bed Bug ... - November 27th, 2013
- Biloxi MS Dermatologist Doctors - Bed Bugs Bites, Signs, in ... - November 27th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Mississippi State Department of Health - November 25th, 2013
- JAMA Network | JAMA | Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius) and ... - November 17th, 2013
- Bed Bugs Turn a Woman's Life Upside Down - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs Lawsuits - Bed Bug.org - November 3rd, 2013
- JAMA Network | JAMA | Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius) and Clinical ... - November 3rd, 2013
- New research shows bed bugs are not disease spreaders - July 1st, 2012
- Bed bugs close Memphis dormitory - May 15th, 2012
- Allegations of bed bugs at Pearl apartments - March 24th, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs - With The Tram Trough Memphis 2011 - Video - January 20th, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs - The Flood Memphis Spring 2011 - Video - January 9th, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs - Sitting with the Blues Legend Paul Oscher, Memphis 2011 - Video - January 8th, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs - Inside the Blues Archive, Oxford, Mississippi - Video - January 8th, 2012
- The Busy Bedbugs - January 2nd, 2012
- The Prophecy Report 051611 - September 24th, 2011
- Kenny Neal - LIVE at Infinity Club, Baton Rouge 2011 Part1/3 - September 23rd, 2011
- The Busy Bedbugs - Natchez to Vicksburg 2 - September 15th, 2011
- Where do Bed Bugs live and How to Get Rid of Them - September 8th, 2011
- The Busy Bedbugs - Blues in New Orleans - September 8th, 2011
- Sweet Home Chicago Blues with Solo - September 8th, 2011
- The Busy Bedbugs Natchez To Vicksburg 1 - September 8th, 2011
- Noah23- Bed Bugs (produced by Factor) - September 6th, 2011
- Miss. Exterminators Offer Tips To Combat Bedbugs - September 5th, 2011
- Kenny Neal - LIVE at Infinity Club 2011 Baton Rouge Part 2/3 - September 5th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.