Click Free Pest Control Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free pest control quote today.
Why Are Bed Bugs So Hard To Get Rid Of?
Bed bugs are extremely reclusive. They prefer to nest in areas where they can remain undisturbed. They are commonly found nesting behind headboards, underneath the box spring, in between the box spring and the mattress, in the bed frame, or even in the drawers of night stands. But if you are getting bitten, and you looked in all those places, dont assume that you covered all the bases. Custom Bed Bug has found bed bugs nesting in the strangest of places: dresser drawers, book shelves, in picture frames, behind posters, in wheelchairs, in walkers, and many other places you would never think to look, including one case where they were found in a prosthetic leg!
Bed bugs will invade any location that humans frequent. Although they are most likely to infest homes and apartments, they also commonly show up in hotels, movie theaters, public transportation, office buildings, call centers, and basically any other place where humans sit or lay for extended periods of time.
Bed bugs are extremely prolific. Bed bug females lay between 1-5 eggs per day. Bed bug eggs hatch within 6-10 days. Bed bugs do not have a larval stage, but instead they progress from eggs through 5 nymphal stages to a fully mature adult. Once hatched, a bed bug nymph immediately looks for a human to feed on. They typically feed every 10 days, but bed bugs can survive for many months without blood. Bed bugs reach adulthood in 3-5 weeks and have an average life span of 6-12 months. A single female can lay 200 to 300 eggs throughout her life.
Researchers have determined that heat treatments are by far the most efficient and quickest method of killing bed bugs. This is because heat penetrates all areas where bed bugs nest. Our heat treatments will eliminate bed bugs in one treatment meaning your home will be bug-free by the end of our service.
By contrast, attacking bed bugs with only spray applications typically requires 3-4 treatments over the course of several months to get rid of bed bugs completely. This is because there are no pesticides that are effective on bed bug eggs. Therefore, pest control companies are relegated to an extended service regimen over several months to break the bed bugs egg cycle.
Using heat to kill bed bugs requires extensive training, and highly specialized equipment, which is why it is necessary to call Custom Bed Bug for help defeating bed bugs. Our technicians go through at least two months of training to ensure they are qualified with heating protocols that will kill bed bugs without damaging your property. The training covers everything from bed bug behavior to common hiding spots, ensuring the delivery of superior bed bug heat treatments.
We perform the procedure using special heating equipment and processes, including heating systems equipped with thermostats and sensors that allow us to safely heat an infested area. Our thermal bug extermination process can kill all bed bugs, including adults, nymphs, and eggs. The heaters raise the ambient air anywhere between 120F to 140F a lethal temperature range for bed bugs and their eggs.
To ensure mortality, this temperature must be maintained long enough to ensure penetration in all areas where the bed bugs could be hiding. During the process, our technicians will move the contents of your space around to reach every cold spot in your area.
We strategically place our industry-specific heaters throughout the infested location. The heat penetrates furniture, mattresses, carpets, and other cracks and crevices to make sure that your property stays pest-free. Our bed bug heat extermination services allow us to combat bed bugs in just one session, without conducting extensive preparations or using chemical pesticides. In fact, it is as simple as leaving your home in the morning and returning to a bed bug-free environment!
In contrast to our bed bug heating treatment, attacking bed bugs with only spray applications typically requires 3-4 treatments over the course of several months to get rid of bed bugs completely. This is because there are no pesticides that are absolutely effective on bed bug eggs.
Resorting to liquid pesticide could, for instance, lead more chemically resistant pests, which comes with no long-term guarantee. Furthermore, other treatment methods like tenting and fumigation may not target all bugs and eggs, potentially worsening the situation. Pest control companies, therefore, might have to carry out an extended service regimen over several months to break the bed bugs egg cycle.
If youre tired of bed bugs keeping you up at night, give us a call. As bed bug specialists we know both the frustration of an infestation and the relief of proper elimination. Our technicians are highly-trained, professional individuals who wont rush your service. We will take the time to answer all your questions and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with every aspect of your service.
Read more here:
Bed Bug Heat Treatment | Custom Bed Bug
- Kennewick WA Bed bug Hotel and Apartment Reports - March 20th, 2019
- 3 Best Exterminators - Idaho Falls ID | Bed Bug, Insect ... - March 10th, 2019
- Dublin OH Bed bug Hotel and Apartment Reports - January 24th, 2019
- Idaho Falls ID Dermatologist Doctors - How to Get Rid of ... - December 13th, 2018
- Effective Bed Bug Control in Idaho Falls, ID - October 5th, 2018
- Rocky Mountain Bed Bug - Pest Control Idaho Falls and ... - October 1st, 2018
- The Village Inn Motel & Restaurant - Prices & Hotel ... - April 21st, 2018
- Canine Bed Bug Detection | Western Exterminator - March 26th, 2018
- Cincinnati OH Bed bug Hotel and Apartment Reports - January 29th, 2018
- Prime Pest Control | Spokane | Washington - December 20th, 2017
- Idaho, United States Bed Bug Registry Map Bed Bug ... - December 10th, 2017
- Central Illinois struggles to find solution for bed bugs - Idaho Statesman - July 25th, 2017
- Man who threw bedbugs at Maine municipal office is charged - Idaho Statesman - July 8th, 2017
- Bed Bugs 101 | Canine Scent Detection | BedBug Central - June 26th, 2017
- Angry man releases about 100 bed bugs at Maine city office - Idaho Statesman - June 6th, 2017
- Inside Spokane's insect invasion - Spokane, North Idaho News & Weather KHQ.com - KHQ Right Now - June 6th, 2017
- Disgruntled man releases bedbugs in Maine city office - Idaho Statesman - June 5th, 2017
- Shawn Vestal: Breitbart and the 'devastation' of Twin Falls - The Spokesman-Review - February 8th, 2017
- Community concerned about bed bug infestation in Pocatello - LocalNews8.com - February 6th, 2017
- Are These Bed Bugs or Carpet Beetles? | Terminix - May 23rd, 2016
- Professional Bed Bug Control Services | Rentokil - March 26th, 2016
- Idaho Insects and Bugs - InsectIdentification.org - March 19th, 2016
- Houston Bed Bug Lawsuit - Brent Coon - March 7th, 2016
- How Long Can Bed Bugs Live Without Feeding? | Terminix - March 7th, 2016
- Idaho Pest Control & Exterminators | Alpha Ecological - March 7th, 2016
- How to Prevent Bed Bugs | eHow - October 19th, 2015
- Are These Bed Bugs or Fleas? | Terminix - September 24th, 2015
- Bed Bugs - Pest Control Services - September 22nd, 2015
- The Big Business Of Battling Bed Bugs - ABC News - September 21st, 2015
- Bed Bugs - Vector ID Information - District Services ... - August 9th, 2015
- Bed Bug or Beetle? ID requested Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger ... - February 6th, 2015
- A guide to avoid bed bugs when traveling - Spokane, North ... - December 1st, 2014
- Bed Bugs on Thanksgiving Dinner Guest List - Spokane ... - November 28th, 2014
- InventHelp Client Invention, BED BUG DESTROYER, Designed ... - November 19th, 2014
- Mr. Copes Cave: Cometh the Dark Time - November 7th, 2014
- Gemtek Pest Control Announces Full Release of Pest+ Bed Bug and Termite Protection - June 15th, 2014
- This Hotel has bed bugs - Review of Comfort Inn, Boise, ID ... - May 8th, 2014
- Bed Bugs - Eastern Idaho Public Health District Home - February 14th, 2014
- Bed Bugs - Bedbugs - South Central Public Health District - January 22nd, 2014
- Bed Bug Registry Database Idaho, Usa, National Bed Bug ... - January 6th, 2014
- Bed bugs or body lice? Help ID [a: mites] « Got Bed Bugs ... - December 31st, 2013
- ID Help? Bed bug or swallow bug? « Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums - December 23rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs – Ramsey County PH - December 12th, 2013
- Bed Bug Pictures, Symptoms and Treatment | Preventing Bites at ... - December 7th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Eastern Idaho Public Health District - November 23rd, 2013
- The Bed Bug Resource » Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - November 23rd, 2013
- Help Id bug bites around groin area « Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger ... - November 18th, 2013
- Your bed bug questions answered - Dateline NBC - 'Don't let ... - November 18th, 2013
- Bed Bug Symptoms and Other Possible Culprits | Boston Bed Bug ... - November 9th, 2013
- Your bed bug questions answered - Dateline NBC - 'Don't let the ... - November 9th, 2013
- Bed Bugs - Spider Bites - November 3rd, 2013
- Help Id bug bites around groin area « Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs find their way into the Flathead - March 10th, 2012
- Spokane Exterminators Prime Pest Control - September 11th, 2011
- Hotel Video-Budget Motel Burley ID - September 5th, 2011
Click Free Exterminator Quote
to fill in a form to obtain a free exterminator quote today.