REGIONAL PEST REPORT
Ants and mice are moving inside and wildlife may be looking for potential harbourage areas. Spiders are constructing egg sacs and mosquito activity is increasing. House fly activity can be expected. Commercial accounts will need to be aware of increased small fly activity. Nuisance wildlife, such as squirrels and chipmunks, will be much more noticeable.
Home Pest Library Bed Bugs Bed Bug Treatment & Control
Although bed bugs dont pose any serious health concerns they do live and hide in the areas where we sleep. They are mostly found in bedding, mattresses, on headboards and in bed frames and box springs. Due to their size and nocturnal nature bed bugs can easily go undetected. Dark spots and small blood stains may indicate the presence of bed bugs. Bed bugs also give off a sweet musty odour and will often leave their eggs and molted skins near areas they have infested. Good housekeeping may not eliminate the problem. Even upscale hotels are not immune bed bugs can thrive in a spotlessly clean room. Bed Bug infestations are difficult to deal with, and success depends on the thoroughness of the preparation, treatment and the follow-up. One of the most important steps in effective bed bug control is the accurate identification of bed bugs presence before starting any treatments. Home remedies, available in stores, are not very effective getting rid of a bed bug infestation. If you do choose to use an over-the-counter insecticide, make sure to read the label closely and follow directions. Your best course of action is to immediately contact your local Orkin Canada branch as we have extensive experience dealing with bed bugs. Pest control professionals administer the most effective treatments. It is advised that anyone with a suspected bed bug infestation contact their local expert to arrange an inspection and consultation.
There is no way to prevent bed bugs entirely; however, experts agree that early detection is the best way to prevent them from establishing themselves. A bed bug dog is your best tool for early detection. To prevent bed bug infestations you need to be vigilant in examining your surroundings. When returning from a trip, or a night out check both your clothing and luggage. If you think you may have a bed bug infestation, contact a pest control professional. This is not a pest that can be controlled with do-it-yourself measures.
Bed bugs are small, nocturnal and very difficult to detect. They are also very rugged insects and that can live for up to a year without feeding. They can hide in cracks and crevices and in hard to find spots and can withstand a temperature from almost freezing up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. All of these facts make treating bed bugs very difficult and should always be done by a professional pest control technician such as your local highly trained Orkin Canada Technician.
Short of inspecting your own or a guests luggage and belongings as they come in, there is no known way to completely prevent bed bugs from entering a property. And once they are inside, two bed bugs can lay up to ten eggs in one day. Thats why it is important to have any rooms with a bed bug problem treated immediately to prevent them from becoming a widespread infestation.
To address current infestations, Orkin Canada will provide an aggressive treatment strategy that includes a thorough inspection of areas of concern to locate harbourage sites, as well as treatment of both infested and potentially infested areas. Orkin Canada will also conduct a follow-up inspection to ensure that the treatment was effective.
Go here to see the original:
Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home
- Bed Bug Regina, Saskatchewan | Pest Control & Bed Bug ... - October 27th, 2018
- Bed Bug Exterminators Regina - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal ... - September 16th, 2018
- Identifying Small Brown Bugs | ThriftyFun - August 20th, 2018
- About Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal Service - April 4th, 2018
- Signs of Bed Bugs: How to Detect Bed Bugs - February 21st, 2018
- Bed Bugs - Poulin's Pest Control Services - February 2nd, 2018
- University Library | University of Saskatchewan Library - October 11th, 2017
- BUSINESS BEAT: Alberni businesses celebrate in August - Alberni Valley News - August 15th, 2017
- Fort Sask. travellers return home with bed bugs - Fort Saskatchewan Record - July 21st, 2017
- Identifying Bed Bugs - Orkin Canada - PCO Services - June 19th, 2017
- Bed Bugs Saskatchewan - Focus Canada Saskatchewan bed bug ... - June 16th, 2017
- Bed Bug Prevention While Travelling | Orkin PCO Services - March 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Extermination Services Regina, Saskatchewan | 911 ... - January 15th, 2017
- Regina Experts on Bed Bugs, BTU's - Regina, SK - January 7th, 2017
- Bed Bug Services - Poulin's Pest Control - January 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - December 11th, 2016
- Poulin's Pest Control Services - Serving Western Canada ... - December 8th, 2016
- How to get rid of bed bugs? Saskatoon Pest Control - February 24th, 2015
- Toronto Bed Bug Registry Maps Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... - February 6th, 2015
- Calgary-based company needs to address bed bugs, Saskatoon renters say - November 28th, 2014
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan ... - January 24th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Globe Pest Control Ltd - January 12th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Pest Control Canada - January 4th, 2014
- Eliminate Bed Bugs | Canadian Thermal Solutions - December 6th, 2013
- BEDBUGS - Pest Control Canada - November 3rd, 2013
- Canadian Thermal Solutions. Canine bed bug detection. Thermal ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan | Canadian ... - November 3rd, 2013