Get a Free Estimate Call Now or fill out the form below. REGIONAL PEST REPORT
Ants and mice are moving inside and wildlife may be looking for potential harbourage areas. Spiders are constructing egg sacs and mosquito activity is increasing. House fly activity can be expected. Commercial accounts will need to be aware of increased small fly activity. Nuisance wildlife, such as squirrels and chipmunks, will be much more noticeable.
Home Bed Bugs Preventing Bed Bugs While Travelling
Everyone knows the saying, Good night, sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite. It has never been more true than it is now.
Bed bugs are extremely efficient hitch hikers. They can move easily across a room and climb onto luggage or anything left on a bed in just one night. Hotels are perfect homes for bed bugs because of the ready supply of fresh hosts to feed on, and the difficulty of sustaining bed bug control in such facilities over the long-term.
Upon arrival always inspect your hotel room. Travellers should look for live insects, blood stains, dead bugs and eggs throughout the room. Bed bugs are not a sanitation or cleanliness issue. This means bed bugs can be found in any hotel or motel from a one-star all the way up to a five-star location. What signs should you look for? With any large infestation of bed bugs you will notice a sweet, musty, odour, similar to soda pop syrup. Bed bugs will leave small brown or red spots on the sheets.
Bed bugs usually hide in close proximity to their food source you! Bed bugs are nocturnal insects and disappear into the crevices of mattresses (pay particular attention to the seams and crevasses), box springs, sheets, furniture, upholstery and hollow bedposts during the day. Other hiding spots include behind baseboards or pictures and even in any wallpaper that might be cracked or torn. You can lift and look around all these possible hiding spots in order to check for bed bugs in a hotel room.
Make sure to elevate your luggage and any other personal items. Always inspect the luggage rack carefully for any signs of bed bugs. If it appears free of bed bug signs use it to keep your suitcase off the floor and away from the bed. Moving the luggage rack away from the wall will help reduce the risk of bed bugs crawling up the wall and into your belongings.
When you are packing to check out always examine your luggage to make sure you have not picked up any unwelcome guests. Since bed bugs are such great hitch hikers be sure to check your luggage and clothing upon your return home. Many recommend unpacking and checking in your garage or utility room.
When you return home, leave your luggage in the garage, and immediately launder all cloth items. The first places bed bugs typically encounter are bags and suitcases so keeping your luggage outside may help keep them out of your home. Depending on where you live, keeping luggage outdoors may also leave bed bugs outside their comfortable range of temperatures. You can also eliminate bed bugs that may have gotten into clothing by laundering (washing and drying) all fabric items in hot water, although recent studies show that 20 minutes in a clothes dryer is all that is needed to ensure 100% control.
Efficiently treating and detecting for a bed bug infestation requires the use of a licensed, professional Pest Control Operator with specific experience dealing with these pests. No one has more experience than Orkin Canada so call today and schedule a bed bug inspection.
Schedule a Bed Bug Inspection
Want to learn more about bed bugs? Click one of the links below:
Some things you can do to reduce the risk of picking up bed bugs as you travel include:
See original here:
Bed Bug Prevention While Travelling | Orkin PCO Services
- Bed Bug Regina, Saskatchewan | Pest Control & Bed Bug ... - October 27th, 2018
- Bed Bug Exterminators Regina - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal ... - September 16th, 2018
- Identifying Small Brown Bugs | ThriftyFun - August 20th, 2018
- About Bed Bugs - Bed Bug Ultimate Thermal Service - April 4th, 2018
- Signs of Bed Bugs: How to Detect Bed Bugs - February 21st, 2018
- Bed Bugs - Poulin's Pest Control Services - February 2nd, 2018
- University Library | University of Saskatchewan Library - October 11th, 2017
- BUSINESS BEAT: Alberni businesses celebrate in August - Alberni Valley News - August 15th, 2017
- Fort Sask. travellers return home with bed bugs - Fort Saskatchewan Record - July 21st, 2017
- Identifying Bed Bugs - Orkin Canada - PCO Services - June 19th, 2017
- Bed Bugs Saskatchewan - Focus Canada Saskatchewan bed bug ... - June 16th, 2017
- Bed Bug Extermination Services Regina, Saskatchewan | 911 ... - January 15th, 2017
- Regina Experts on Bed Bugs, BTU's - Regina, SK - January 7th, 2017
- Bed Bug Services - Poulin's Pest Control - January 5th, 2017
- Bed Bug Bites - Orkin PCO Services - December 11th, 2016
- Poulin's Pest Control Services - Serving Western Canada ... - December 8th, 2016
- How to get rid of bed bugs? Saskatoon Pest Control - February 24th, 2015
- Bed Bug Treatment: Get Rid of Bed Bugs in Home - February 6th, 2015
- Toronto Bed Bug Registry Maps Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... - February 6th, 2015
- Calgary-based company needs to address bed bugs, Saskatoon renters say - November 28th, 2014
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan ... - January 24th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Globe Pest Control Ltd - January 12th, 2014
- Insects: Identification and descriptions - Pest Control Canada - January 4th, 2014
- Eliminate Bed Bugs | Canadian Thermal Solutions - December 6th, 2013
- BEDBUGS - Pest Control Canada - November 3rd, 2013
- Canadian Thermal Solutions. Canine bed bug detection. Thermal ... - November 3rd, 2013
- Bed Bugs infestation heat treatment in Saskatchewan | Canadian ... - November 3rd, 2013